• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

June 2020 Postal Match – 5 Bullseye

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A question for future shoots, since I doubt I'll make this one. The only muzzleloader I have is a Traditions Deerhunter, with fibreglass inserts. That okay for "iron" sights?

I will say yes. My rationale follows that of allowing peep sights and that you indicate on your target that you’re using fiber optic sights. I’ll track it. Who knows, maybe we’ll get enough interest to open another class.

We've had great participation in the June shoot!

As of Friday July 3rd, I have received and scored June targets from the following 14 members:
jdw276
Richard Dittman
dashriprock
MDK_WV
Maven
BouseBill
58 Caliber
russellshaffer
nessmuk
Josephg
Squarebore
cankeney
flinter1977
Bledfor Days

As a reminder, please write your Forum Screen Name on your target so I can identify it correctly.

Because of the July 4th there may be targets that didn't make the transfer to Pony Express to Wyoming delaying them by a day or two. I will wait until Wednesday July 8th to post the results for the June shoot.

June Target Scoring

Scoring for the June shoot is posted below. We had great participation with 14 shooters! I would like to see that increase and to see some ladies join in. This was a difficult target and scoring rubric. I apologize for how I decided to score it. I've learned to put a bit more thought in target choice and to shoot it prior to posting if at all possible. If you have target suggestions please let me know. Thanks for shooting!!

Member​
Score​
Caliber - Detail​
russellshaffer
5​
.32 Crockett
dashriprock
5​
.58 smooth-bore - 3 shots, 3 pt / .32 CVA - 2 shots, 2 pt.
Maven
4​
.50 Lyman GPR 1:60 twist
Squarebore
4​
Unknown
jdw276
3​
Richard Dittman
3​
Unknown
cankeney
3​
.54 Kibler Colonial
Josephg
3​
.38 Old Picket
nessmuk
2​
flinter1977
1​
Unknown
MDK_WV
-1​
.50 TC Hawken Flint
BouseBill
-1​
.45 TVM Southern Mtn.
Bledfor Days
-1​
.32 TC Cherokee
58 Caliber
-4​
.54 Custom Hawken 1:66

WOW -- bottom of the heap. I guess I thought the lowest score would be on top!!!!! LOL At least I hit the paper. Thanks for running and scoring the contest Marc -- much appreciated.. :ghostly:

Dave

Congratulations to all who participated in this challenging match and thank you Marc for honchoing the postal matches!

Dave, Don't feel bad about this as I truly had trouble seeing the targets (I guess I got lucky).

WOW -- bottom of the heap. I guess I thought the lowest score would be on top!!!!! LOL At least I hit the paper. Thanks for running and scoring the contest Marc -- much appreciated.. :ghostly:

Dave
I shot the target after choosing and posting it as the June target. After shooting it i thought I should change the scoring to be like golf - low score wins. Don't be discouraged, go shoot the bears!

I took a trip to one of my shootin spots yesterday to take a shot at this months target. I've got to say, it's shooting like I did yesterday that makes me glad I'm not eligible to enter the monthly shoot. I took 3 practice/fouling shots before posting the 5 Bullseye target. They were pretty good so I felt I would do well so I posted up and went to shootin. When all said and done I scored a -2, Yep, negative 2!

I've Attached my target for all to see and to say, don't be bashful... go shoot, have fun and send in your finished product. I doubt it'll be worse than mine.

I was shooting a CVA .45 Kentucky caplock with 1:66 twist that I purchased and refurbished. It was a very poorly put together kit gun when I got it. It looks a little better now. On a good day she's a pretty good shooter but you wouldn't know it by this target. :)

I was shooting .445 balls, .015 wet lubed patch over 45 grains of Goex 3f. I did make the mistake of posting the target on a white background backer board. :doh:

I would suggest posting these monthly targets on a dark target board.
You can't get struck by lightning unless you get in the storm. Good honest shooting.

Hello From Dashriprock, Just got home from Cleveland Clinic 2 days ago. Had my 2nd bypass surgery in 12 yrs. I'm good and doing good. "Thank you all"! for your prayers. Now its a long road to recovery. I got to tell you I didnt feel good on this one. Its the magic of friends and prayers that pulled me thru.

Back