• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

June 2013 Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Since I'm getting a late start on this one (been busy :idunno: ) I'll make it another easy one.

3 Shots at the center of a 3"x 5" index card with an X drawn thru the center at 25 yards.

Each shot will be measured from center of target to center of hole. These 3 measurements will be added together for your score.

One target entry per member.

3 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 3 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading rifles (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. (you can use a smoothbore or pistol if you would like)

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 25 yards.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name and caliber of your gun must be written on your targets.

The contest runs thru June, 2013.

Mail your target postmarked by June 30, 2013 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

JeffRow!..I'll score your target iffen U got time to shootit!... :grin:

rbtom said:
I'm sure it's a miss-print but it says they must be post marked by March 30 2013??

Thanks for catching that. I copied and pasted from the March contest rules. Thought I had changed all the dates... :redface:
It's fixed now. :thumbsup:

Claude said:
And targets with powder burns will not be accepted. :grin:

Yeah. Musta forgot to add that rule. :grin:

(Claude tried to enter one with powder burns on it back in March... :nono: )

I will try to shoot this one, but with a move imenent, I may not. :idunno:

makeumsmoke said:
JeffRow!..I'll score your target iffen U got time to shootit!... :grin:

I'll try and get one to ya. Leaving for Friendship tomorrow. I'll be shootin' a bunch for sure, just not sure if I can find time to squeeze in this one. :haha:

Just Tape the index card to the door of your Jeep ...stand back and fire away! :rotf:

Enjoy the Trip! :thumbsup:

Sounds like an easy shoot. That's good because I'm also shooting two other matches consisting of multiple targets from 25 to 100 yards. I'll be combining shoots at the range. :hatsoff:

Git 'er done!

The contest I have in mind for next month won't be quite as easy. :wink:

I have misspoken. This one was NOT easy, at least for me. At least my target shows that I didn't cheat!

Oh manure! I just looked at my calendar, I am not going to the range until next week! I done missed another one!

Thanks for your patience in waiting for the scores. I was still on vacation with my family on the 10th. :grin: We went over to Turkey Run State park Indiana for a few days of hiking and camping. They have some really beautiful trails there. Had a great time.
But now I'm back and here are the scores;

1st place was MDK_WV with a 2.246 total. Grats! :hatsoff:
2nd was Maven with 3.390 shootin' his "new" gun. :wink:
3rd Wildshot with 3.431 shootin' a .56 smoothbore :thumbsup:
And 4th was Hanshi with 4.018 proving he didn't cheat. :haha:

Only 4 targets in the box this time... I guess everybody musta thought this one was just too easy? :idunno:

Pretty good shootin' from all of you guys. :hatsoff:
Thanks for playing.

Thanks Jethro, I appreciate your time and effort in hosting the shoots when you are obviously busy with other stuff. :hatsoff:
Congratulations to all the other competitors. It is always a good day when you can burn some powder and try to out shoot the competition, knowing somedays you get the bear and somedays the bear gets you.

Wildshot, you should get a first place prize with the smoothbore, that is mighty fine shooting, my .62 cal. smoothbore won't shoot that close for me!

I am getting ready to go out and see if I can shoot the corners on the next shoot. I know "aim small."

Latest posts

Back