• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

July Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you enjoyed shooting it! This target is good practice for when you go to a shoot and have to split a ball on an axe blade
I find 25 yard targets to be more of a challenge than 50 yard targets for some reason. I scored 45x out of 50 on a 50 yard off hand target at a local competition last month.

.45 CVA Hawken percussion
.440 RB P.T. patch
60 G of FF 777.
#11 CCI caps

Beautiful day at the range. This is a rifle I don't shoot often, I had issues with getting it to pop caps until I changed the nipple. I got to the range and realized I forgot my powder horn, so I shot 6 times-I had a some 777 in a powder dispenser-went home and got another can of FF 777.
022.jpg

.45 CVA Hawken percussion
.440 RB P.T. patch
60 G of FF 777.
#11 CCI caps

Beautiful day at the range. This is a rifle I don't shoot often, I had issues with getting it to pop caps until I changed the nipple. I got to the range and realized I forgot my powder horn, so I shot 6 times-I had a some 777 in a powder dispenser-went home and got another can of FF 777.
View attachment 149596
Thanks for posting! Hope you enjoyed the target!

Gary

Got out to the range yesterday. This was an interesting target. The black vertical bars helped a bit with the sight picture. I still kind of sent the rounds out a bit wild. I have been trying to use the Schuetzen style hold and it is still very new to me.

This Renegade has the older T/C sights that have the square notch, and I much prefer them to the sloping "valley" rear sight on the other two T/Cs I have.

I put the target on top of some fluorescent green poster paper so the holes could be seen better.

T/C Renegade .50
50g of Schuetzen 3F
1075 RWS Caps
JoAnns blue stripe .018 ticking used for patches
Hornady .490 ball
Ballistol lube

2022 07 July MLF Shoot (1).jpg

Last edited:
Back