• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

JULY FIREWORKS CONTEST

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's Adui's JULY contest.

Again, I am only posting this for Adui so if there are questions, ask him.
Zonie :)

Fireworks, ----- on paper of course!

First a shout out to Cheaper Than Dirt for providing the original target used!

Find your Target here:

https://nofile.io/f/nOC25OGgQCV/July+shoot.jpg

It was brought to my attention when I started doing these contests that there are some who might like to participate but for one reason or another cannot print the targets. So, in the interest of adding members I will make the following offer:

For so long as I am able, if you want to participate you can send me a self addressed and stamped envelope. I will print you a target using my black and white laser printer and send it to you in your envelope.

Anyone who wants to do this, needs to get the envelope to me early in the month so you will have time to shoot it and send it back.

I might point out though; the cost of that SASE is more than it would cost you to go to a public library and use their computer / printer. (Mine costs like 10 +/- cents a page.) Of course, sending me the SASE IS certainly more convenient; and I am happy to provide for so long as I can do so.

Rules:

Scoring will be as follows:

The scoring the target suggests is modified so please read carefully:

Shots are to be taken off hand at 25 yards.

Take 5 shots, at any of the firework bursts.

Shots hitting any of the larger bursts will earn 1 point.

Shots hitting either of the two small, centrally located bursts are worth 2 points.

Shots hitting the smallest burst, in the lower right are 3 points.

Misses are zero.

Highest score wins

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

As this target is already darkened well, please do not cover the bursts with stickers.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms (NO Cannons); Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber; (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.
Mail your target postmarked by July 31st, 2018 to:

Terry Stephens
9043 E Butternut Ave
Mesa AZ 85208
"I hope to be at least half as good as my dog believes me to be." Unknown Author

Best regards;
Terry

All, Maybe it's me or rather, my lack of computer skill, but I tried to print the "fireworks" target and got an image that was too large for an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper + 4 other pages of gibberish. However, if you copy and paste that target into your writing program and then print it, it comes out OK. I thought you should be aware of this potential problem.

Maven said:
All, Maybe it's me or rather, my lack of computer skill, but I tried to print the "fireworks" target and got an image that was too large for an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper + 4 other pages of gibberish. However, if you copy and paste that target into your writing program and then print it, it comes out OK. I thought you should be aware of this potential problem.

I had to save my mine to my documents to print it

No excuses needed, rs. That is miserable target for offhand shooting. Btw, I shot mine this PM as well and judge that target design to be exceptionally nasty and not conducive to offhand work..

Maven said:
No excuses needed, rs. That is miserable target for offhand shooting. Btw, I shot mine this PM as well and judge that target design to be exceptionally nasty and not conducive to offhand work..
:haha:
My first impression was it was a GREAT shotgun target LOL!! BUT! it is the month of July and I wanted something festive..

I'm with Adui. It is festive and fun and I surely don't expect to win anything. I just fired at the center and let them go wherever. All told this morning I fired 18 shots from my .32 and 12 from an 1858 Pietta Remington. Some were for a postal on another forum. I won't win there, either.

I'm actually pretty well pleased with my target. I have a semblance of a group close to the center so I would actually have maybe scored better with a much larger group. No way am I good enough to purposely shoot at the little individual bursts.

Back