• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jukar lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrapperLou

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all. I have acquired a Jukar 45 cal percussion rifle I was wondering if anyone knew what size nipple should be in it? When I fire a cap it seems the hammer will jump n land back in spent cap. Thinking I have a weak spring. What’s your thoughts? Also just took pic with hammer cocked so one can see the cap. Thanks

Attachments

• 213ABCF8-F6CA-4A2E-8534-E5596D6C0576.jpeg
    213ABCF8-F6CA-4A2E-8534-E5596D6C0576.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
That may be a dangerous situation and rough on lock. Might be nipple is allowing too much gas to escape on firing?
That’s kinda what I’m thinking. I would imagine either the inside diameter of nipple is too big or I have weak spring in lock. Or both

I zoomed in on your nipple ...that type of nipple will blow back on you every time. Once upon a time, somebody got the bright idea that a bigger hole in the nipple and the side holes would allow for more "fire blast" to make it to the powder......unfortunately, they failed to realize it goes both ways and there is a lot more pressure coming "from" than going "to"

Agreed. A new nipple is called for and you can throw that old one away. I experimented with an underhammer at one time. All was copacetic until a certain amount of powder caused hammer blowback. Wasn't the nipple in this case, just the load parameters.

Hello all. I have acquired a Jukar 45 cal percussion rifle I was wondering if anyone knew what size nipple should be in it? When I fire a cap it seems the hammer will jump n land back in spent cap. Thinking I have a weak spring. What’s your thoughts? Also just took pic with hammer cocked so one can see the cap. Thanks
UPDATE. Replaced the nipple with new and it solved the issue thanks everyone for the help!

Back