• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

judged choked and round ball,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The advantage of a jugged choke barrel is that there is no constriction or choke other than the expanded section that will constrict shot pellets but not round ball. In most cases a jugged choked barrel will handle shot and ball.

@Zonie may have a diagram of a jugged choke barrel to show how it is formed in a smooth bored barrel.

This is a 10g NE Fowler with a full jug choke. Seems fine to me.

C3CCC91A-BD54-44C1-B379-FC7E6B544C02.jpeg

Be careful. I have a Colerain jug choked special turkey barrel and they have strict instructions to never shoot it with roundball.
I talked to the man at rice barrels, he said Colerain barrels were "backed bored" and it was unsafe to shoot a RB in them, but rice was no problem. he also said he saw no improvement in RB accuracy or any disadvantages to it either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back