• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle single set trigger question?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prairieofthedog

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just bought a Browning muzzle loader a while ago.Got it cleaned up and ready to shoot.Will this rifle shoot without setting the trigger?Did a ton of research and read that some said they could.Having this rifle apart,and working the trigger I, don't see how this rifle can fire without setting the trigger.Also do I have to go to full cock ,set the trigger, to lower the hammer on the nipple.Thanks, I have to find a manual.I know you have to push the trigger forward to set trigger.Does have a super smooth trigger.

I can shoot my JB Mountain rifle set or unset. The unset trigger pull is somewhat stiff, but I am sure it can be made lighter with some work. As for lowering the hammer, you just have to hold the hammer and squeeze the trigger to lower.

Mine works both ways, or I should rather say my son's does as he lays claim to it.

Fleener

Thanks guys,got it working! I just wanted to know how it worked before i started bulling things and break something! I just was not pulling the trigger hard enough in the unset position.Thanks!

Back