• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle, .50 percussion, Trade accepted/Sold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Rifle is in excellent condition. There are some very minor handling marks on the barrel (basically just browning slightly rubbed in a couple of tiny spots) and some slight discoloration of the browning toward the muzzle on the left side and on the underrib where the thimbles were soldered on, but otherwise it looks practically new. Bore is clear, sights have been untouched, etc.. Also, the ramrod falls loosely out of the stock. If I were to keep it, I'd either attach a small spring to the underrib to hold it in or I might do something as simple as taping the end of the ramrod where it enters the stock. Will sell for $700 plus $50 shipping in wooden crate within CONUS.

I also happen to enjoy horse trading, I'm not in a huge hurry and I don't need this rifle. I'd consider the following in trade.....Hatfield squirrel rifle (preferably flintlock), certain split bamboo fly rods, original frontier or wildlife paintings and certain unmentionables (contact me). I'm willing to consider other interesting offers, but as I said, I'm not desperate or in a hurry, so try to be fair and offer something of comparable value.

Browning 1.jpgBrowning 2.jpgBrowning 3.jpgbrowning 4.jpgBrowning 5.jpgBrowning 6.jpgBrowning 7.jpg

Last edited:
I have interest from 3 different posters and I'll consider the offers that they make, but as of this time, I still haven't accepted an offer and I'll listen if anyone wants to make an offer. I'm pretty open-minded about trades, but obviously want it to be something of equal quality/value (or better is always fine too). ;)

Thanks Notchy Bob. I think so too. I've always tried to be fair with my initial pricing on items that I've sold because I don't want to be embarrassed, nor do I want to force potential buyers to make lots of lowball offers. I've seen what they've been bringing, I know what condition this one is in and I think the deal we cut (a trade) will end up being great for both of us.

Back