• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Joliet Muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That's our club. We've been around for almost 50 years, NMLRA sanctioned. We have a beautiful range and monthly shoots on the second Sunday, open to the public. Spring and fall rendezvous, also. We are steady at about 30+ members and are always ready to welcome a new roundball enthusiast. Check out our website and come on out!

Hats off to Darrin McDonal who cut his muzzle loading chops as a member of our club. He is featured in January's "It Starts With a Barrel" article in "American Rifleman" about gun making at Colonial Williamsburg. We saw firsthand his "Sheetz Rifle" http://www.contemporarylongriflefoundation.org/cgi-bin/2013news.cgi?record=8 project a few years ago and he now has gone about as far as one can in this hobby. Pulling up stakes and making a drastic lifestyle change to follow his dream along with a lot of hard work as an apprentice gunsmith at Colonial Williamsburg. Proud to have rendezvoused and shared the firing line with you Darrin.
Here he is trimming a ramrod for a fellow member at our range shortly before his move.

Attachments

• IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 57
I got to meet Darrin in person at Colonial WIlliamsburg a few months ago. He certainly seems like a great guy to get to know.
He works with another young man at the shop that I have known on the internet for quite a few years. It was great to get to meet them both in person.

My wife never complained once when we had to go visit the gun makers shop as soon as we got there and a few more times over our two day visit.

Fleener

Back