• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

John Pruitt first round

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victor#0

Bushwhacker
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
My son finally got to try out his John Pruitt Smoothbore, needs to tighten up the grouping some before spring bear but a few more practice sessions should do it.
IMG_20230517_140743.jpg

First shot was to the right but the rest were centered so I'd say he's ready to roll. Using 80 grs. 2f, over powder card, pre lubed wad, .010 patch, .600 ball.View attachment 224493.hokey cow 5 ramrod pipes ,is that because of the barrel keys.Nice shooting to,good to have your eyes it sure helps.👍
Hokey cow 5 ramrod pipes,is that because of the barrel wedges or keys

Not sure why he did it that way, it's different but works. He offered to build it for my son for next to nothing so he could get started shooting a smoothbore flintlock. We'll be heading out tomorrow to look for that black animal....................

About 30 yds, thats the distance from our blind to the bait barrel. After spring bear we'll start moving the target farther out as well as pattern it with shot. After shooting his smoothbore for the first time he said it was the most fun he's ever had shooting, I think he's hooked ;0)

Back