• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Jim Kibler : Open House

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d love to see his shop, but living a few states a way makes that a little difficult.

Side note: My wife and I finally had a honeymoon of sorts after 8 years of marriage. We just got back a few days ago. Met a couple on their fresh marriage honeymoon. We got to chatting over the course of a few days and talked about each other’s interests. We both hit it off when we found out we were hunters.

After a few hours of conversation, he asked what my preferred weapon of choice was and I told him flintlock (I do use a wide variety of weapons for hunting).

He starts going on about a story of him being good friends with a guy named Scott who’s brother ran flintlock shop making kits. It struck me then, he had mentioned he’s from Ohio. I asked if he knew where Hanoverton was. He said he knew it very well. I told him my flintlock was one of Jim’s kits and he lit up.

Small world

Last edited:
Jim's shop is probably 800+ miles from me. If gas wasn't so danged expensive, I might have interested my wife in a road trip. The Creation Museum is on my "list" and isn't too far out of the way.

I'm about an hour and a half away from their shop. Got it marked on the calendar for a trip with my son. Looking forward to it since we couldn't make friendship this year.

I’d love to go to, but driving with food , travel and lodging would cost me $2000. Flying and renting a car for one day would be less costly. But airline dependability is questionable.

If I was able to make this drive (time & expenses) I would figure out a way, BUT I'll have to wait for another opportunity down the road.
This would be too much fun..

Pic's, or video's, if Jim allows! If you talk to him, tell him I wish I could pack my bags and move there. I have past experience in programming CNC machines. Problem is, I'm now 69 years old. I wonder, too, how their winter weather is, being so close to the lakes.

Back