Jim Kibler : Open House

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Zutt-man

40 Cal
Reaction score
I’d love to see his shop, but living a few states a way makes that a little difficult.

Side note: My wife and I finally had a honeymoon of sorts after 8 years of marriage. We just got back a few days ago. Met a couple on their fresh marriage honeymoon. We got to chatting over the course of a few days and talked about each other’s interests. We both hit it off when we found out we were hunters.

After a few hours of conversation, he asked what my preferred weapon of choice was and I told him flintlock (I do use a wide variety of weapons for hunting).

He starts going on about a story of him being good friends with a guy named Scott who’s brother ran flintlock shop making kits. It struck me then, he had mentioned he’s from Ohio. I asked if he knew where Hanoverton was. He said he knew it very well. I told him my flintlock was one of Jim’s kits and he lit up.

Small world

Last edited:

TraderVic

40 Cal
Reaction score
Jim's shop is probably 800+ miles from me. If gas wasn't so danged expensive, I might have interested my wife in a road trip. The Creation Museum is on my "list" and isn't too far out of the way.

Dutch7

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am driving home from Columbus that weekend so I "might" be able to trick the spouse into a side trip...

Rifleratt

32 Cal
Reaction score
I'm about an hour and a half away from their shop. Got it marked on the calendar for a trip with my son. Looking forward to it since we couldn't make friendship this year.

Siringo

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I’d love to go to, but driving with food , travel and lodging would cost me $2000. Flying and renting a car for one day would be less costly. But airline dependability is questionable.

TraderVic

40 Cal
Reaction score
If I was able to make this drive (time & expenses) I would figure out a way, BUT I'll have to wait for another opportunity down the road.
This would be too much fun..

Reaction score
Pic's, or video's, if Jim allows! If you talk to him, tell him I wish I could pack my bags and move there. I have past experience in programming CNC machines. Problem is, I'm now 69 years old. I wonder, too, how their winter weather is, being so close to the lakes.

Dutch7

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am driving home from Columbus that weekend so I "might" be able to trick the spouse into a side trip...
Decided it was in my best interest to tell her up front, she said “what’s the open house for?” I said do you really have to ask!?