• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jeweler`s saw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggwelder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just got a jewelers saw. It it going to be a game changer for me and what i do. First question, how do you keep copper from gumming up the teeth, and if it happens, how do you get it out. I do lube the blades with bees wax- does it need to be done more frequently when cutting copper?
i do have 143 blades left of the 144, and am ordering another pack in my next amazon prime order.

I use bees wax on mine. yes you have to use a lot of it. Olive oil sometimes helps. If you know any modern shooters they sell a cooper remover solution for those unmentionable guns.I think it should help but it is a thin liquid and will run all over.

You might need to buy a blade with a larger tooth spacing ;) along with the lube.

I cut a lot of 24K gold which is a lot softer than copper. I use either hand soap or bullet lube, sometimes I use paraffin. Hand soap seems to work best.

Common black board chalk is the long time lube , and preventative so metal filings don't collect in the teeth of files and saws. Just chalk up the teeth , and use the tool. No liquids needed............oldwood

Back