• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

JEDEDIAH STARR- WHAT'S THE DEAL???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kopp

40 Cal
Reaction score
So what the final word with Jedediah Starr....I have been looking to order a few things from them about building powder horns.. I have read the reviews and they don't seem promising..Should I avoid them all toget her or what?

Please let me know....

"So what the final word with Jedediah Starr....I have been looking to order a few things from them about building powder horns.. I have read the reviews and they don't seem promising..Should I avoid them all toget her or what?

Please let me know..."

Could you enlighten us on what your are talking about and what reviews?

Have you called them?

So what the final word with Jedediah Starr....I have been looking to order a few things from them about building powder horns.. I have read the reviews and they don't seem promising..Should I avoid them all toget her or what?

Please let me know....
No idea, never dealt with them. I have dealt with Powder Horns and More and never had a problem.

Products | Powderhorns and More

I called them this week and they had nothing I wanted in stock.

I recommend either TOW or Buffalo Arms for most purchases. Also had good luck with Crazy Crow within the last year.

SS

I don't think I've ever ordered anything from Jedediah Starr, but I know they have been in business, serving the muzzleloading community, for a long time. I would not hesitate to order from them, if they had something I wanted.

If you have had an actual problem with them, probably the best thing to do is to contact them directly to achieve resolution.

Retailers of all kinds are struggling with unaccountable supply issues right now. My wife and I like a particular brand of chili seasoning that was out of stock in all the local grocery stores for eight months. I finally found it on the shelf again a couple of days ago, and stocked up! Try ordering garden seed, for an exercise in frustration. My early spring garden, here in Florida, should have been planted by now, but I'm waiting for seeds to arrive. The local "feed & seed" store, which is usually reliable, just didn't have them in stock.

Suppliers to the muzzleloading community, even the ones with fancy websites, are often surprisingly small businesses, and the people who run them are people like us. Rumors spread online can do real damage.

Anyway, I would recommend that you decide what you want, and call Jedediah Starr to see if they have it. If you are looking for something specific that you have been unable to find, tell us what it is and chances are pretty good that the forum members can help you get it.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

I just ordered a set of Ampco nipples for a revolver from them last week. Came in 3 days, price for 6 was $28, shipping added $10 to the price. Most places I checked wanted $5-6 per nipple, shipping was about the same. Their prices were in line with others. No complaints here.

I ordered a stock on January 25th & am still waiting to receive it. They said 20 to 25 business days. I sent an email Friday night to see where they are in the process. I hope to hear from them Monday.

Notchy Bob's take sounds accurate to me. I placed an order with them a few days back and hadn't received any confirmation, so I sent an email out to confirm whether the items were in stock. Having not received a reply to the email, I gave them a call and left a voicemail with a call back number.

After reading through the forums, and joining this one last night in particular, I started to wonder... I got a call back within 5 minutes from a gentleman who confirmed stock and was doing all he could to keep up with phone calls and orders. I could hear a woman in the background who was also answering the phone. He explained that not only were order volumes high, but the supply chain is making it difficult to complete orders. He sounded like a nice guy and asked if he could run in the back to check one big ticket item, as it only showed there was one in stock.

In any case, I just wanted to throw that out there. I'm new here and figured I could contribute by replying to a thread that I had consulted earlier. Hope everyone is well.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post, Jim.
It's always nice to see happy customers tell us about their good experiences with vendors.
We often get a bunch of posts with people who don't understand how overworked some of the suppliers are and grumbling about their orders.

Hey, thanks Zonie, and no problem.
I'll post an update when everything arrives. I expect a potential delay one way or the other, though I'm a patient man. Especially with a hobby like this one we all have here. I'd prefer folks do what they need to do and not rush anything I'm paying them for to be honest.

I'm personally never satisfied with the quality of work I put out when I've been rushed.

I don't where you heard that scuttlebutt, but two weeks ago, I ordered a pistol and four days later, behold, the FedEx guy showed up with it. As far as I'm concerned, their service is great.

I received my stock on March 20th. Outside of the lack of communication when emailed, I don't have any complaints. I haven't tried to fit any parts yet.

Just an update... Everything arrived sooner than expected. I had ordered some round balls in a couple calibers that I don't have a mould for. The box arrived with the thick plastic case the balls were in blasted open and spilling everywhere. This is no fault of Jedediah Starr. We never have any luck with FedEx in this area. Always a new driver. We do get great service with UPS though.

Please let me know....
I placed an order with them several years ago for a patch box for a school project. I had about a month before I needed it, so the time frame was good. I waited and waited but as time grew closer I got nervous and called them. They told me that the patch box was on backorder and couldn't give me an estimated time frame for getting it in, so I canceled my order and called The Log Cabin shop and got the patch box within a week, barely in time for the class project.

Their website is still up and answering machine works, but no response to an order. Anyone know if they are still in business?
Thanks.
I placed an order from them about 6 weeks ago. It arrived within a few days with everything I ordered.
Their prices are better on some items, shipping costs seem about the same as others and, like many retailers lots of stuff out of stock.

Back