• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

JEDEDIAH STARR- WHAT'S THE DEAL???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an update to my post, #7 in this thread, from 20 months ago (!).

I placed an order to Jedediah Starr for about $100 worth of shooting supplies on August 8, 2022. I received an immediate automated confirmation. On August 15, one week after placing the order, I received another email advising me that the order had been input into their system. This message also indicated they were experiencing a seven to nine business day delay between receipt of the order and shipping. On August 22, I received another message indicating the parcel had shipped, and on August 25 it was delivered. Everything was there and all was in perfect condition.

So, it took seventeen days, or about two and a half weeks, to get my order. It felt like longer, but I checked my records, and those were the dates. However, they advised me that there would be a delay, so there were no surprises. I don't know much about Jedediah Starr, but I suspect they are a pretty small outfit, working hard to catch up. In my case, they had something (a specific powder flask) which nobody else had, and they had it at a very good price. It appears from @BoomStick 's post that their shipping times may be improving, so maybe they are catching up. Understanding that they may not be as fast as some of the "big boys," I would not hesitate to order from them again, nor would I hesitate to recommend them. I think they are good folks, running a good business.

If you have placed an order and are wondering where it is, I believe you can rest assured you will get it. Unnecessary phone calls probably pull people away from packing and shipping, and may contribute to further delays for everybody.

Personally, I would rather support smaller outfits like these, trying to make a living, than fund Jeff Bezos' next ride into space.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Thanks Bob. Just wanted to make sure they are still in business. Nothing but crickets. Did get the automated charge to my card upon ordering. I'll update the forum as the order proceeds. Didn't want to wait weeks or months to find out they had closed.
Dave

No idea, never dealt with them. I have dealt with Powder Horns and More and never had a problem.

Products | Powderhorns and More
I agree with kje54. I but ALL my powder horn supplies from Powder Horns and More. I first met these fine folks at the 18th. Century Artisans Show in Lewisburg, Pa. Never had an issue. I've purchased online and in person. Great Co. to deal with.
I hope that helps?
God bless:
Two Feathers

I have placed two orders with them in past few months. No shipping confirmation or tracking information was received on either order. They did however arrive in a timely manner. Unfortunately neither order was shipped complete and I was not given an opportunity to choose an alternate product or cancel the order...

I placed an order with them in April of this year - A Jäger kit in maple, since it appeared they had them in stock. I got a confirmation email stating that the waits on kits are 4-10 months due to supply chain issues. I emailed them again yesterday, 10-17, same response. I'm not waiting a year for a gun kit.

Update. Ordered on the 12th and received instant automated confirmation. Requested a change to my order and a received an email on the 14th. On the 19th was informed by email that everything I had ordered was zero balance. Website has been updated to reflect the inventory accurately. Never reached anyone on the phone. They are still in business. Last email stated:

We do not expect to receive a shipment from our supplier within the next 30 days, however it may take longer.</p>
<p> As a result we will have to cancel the order ..</p>
<p> Unfortunately we are unable to accept backorders at this time but would ask you to reorder at a later date .

Also received a separate email apology from Jon regarding the inaccurate inventory.

Hopefully they will restock.

Dave

My experience with J. Starr is purely negative. Unresponsive, slow to fill orders if they fill them at all, curt responses when you do contact them and a website that list items they don't have and likely will never get.

I am willing to spend a little more and wait a little longer to support small business, especially in the ML realm, however J. Starr's delays, communication and outright incompetence is too much. No more business from me.

In contrast, Deer Creek Products normally mails your order the same day you place it, if not, the very next day, prices are reasonable and they are exceptionally polite. They will and do get repeat orders.

About 6 months ago i ordered a repo 1842 smooth bore. Basic shipping was like $69 and upgrade to two day was $85. So i said sure a few more bucks.

Then i get the email saying expect 7-9 days delay or something and tracking info a day later showing a long ship time.

So i emailed politely reminding that i paid for quick ship. They basically said it was accidental that they shipped it regular and refunded me the whole shipping price.

That squared it for me.

I ordered a Pedersoli Missouri Hawken from them maybe 3 months ago. Had a completely positive experience, including a chat with Jedediah himself -- or whoever it is who runs the place. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again.

Back