• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Java Man's gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, RC. Not for a couple weeks. Too many family obligations this week, and a big archery show next week. That will just make it all that much sweeter when I do get to the range. :)

yer gonna make us wait that l-o-n-g??? :( look, it already looks 200 years old..(although, well maintained) it won't hurt ta sneak out fer a minute...or is ya lookin fer a bigger tack? :rotf:

hey java man, i was just on roystroh's new web page and member there are a new gun ain't been shot yet....is this the weekend? or..ya gonna make us wait.. nice job on the site roy!!! looks good,,swampy helped ya? his gun is lookin good...can't wait to see the finished project...that hawk is awesome! you pretty clever... :thumbsup: RC

RC,

Too durn cold in MI. I think the wind cill is going to be below 0 all weekend, and real temps not above 10-12. Already spent most of the day finishing up three bows, and church and football tomorrow.

Hopefully, I'll have a target wirth posting before too long. :grin:

Java Man

Finally got to shoot the sweet thing on Sunday. I am very pleased with how well it holds, and real quick ignition.

All shots are Goex 2F, .535rb Hornady, cotton drill patches, heavily lubed with Mink Oil Tallow. All at 25 yards

The left target is 80gr 2f, 5 shots resting. Right target is three shots OH.
25ydrestandOH.jpg

The left target here is the first five shots out of the gun with 50gr 2f. Right target is 7 shots with 60 gr 2f. All rested.
25ydrest.jpg

My rest was the window of a deer blind while standing. Not very stable for target shooting, but it was very cold, and this was better than not shooting. Good enough for now to know that 25 and 50 yds should work with 60gr 2f, and 80 gr for longer shots at the upcoming silhouette shoot.

I am extremely pleased Mr. Stroh. :bow: :bow:

Java Man

Thanks Swampy. Room for improvement, but I'm happy considering the way the gun was moving around.

Didn't need a short starter either with that coned muzzle. :thumbsup:

java man! glad ta hear ya got to shoot that finally! and done did purdy good too! gee ya musta blew away the tacks,,,i didn't see one on any target!!! :bow: dang yer good! (heerd peoples in denver was arunnin fer cover when they heerd you was loadin up! good day! jes wait till it warms up! thanks fer lettin us know!.. hey stroh,another feather in yer hat! :thumbsup: RC

Swamp Rat said:
Yeah lol I'm countin on the concussion to help with near misses. :rotf:

Just need a touch more powder is all :youcrazy: :grin:

You better hope he gets yer toy done before next week, cause he'll be getting my hand made goods for trade. Then he'll be out flingin arrows all day long! :rotf:

Back