• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Jas. Townsend lined hat blank

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brokennock

Cannon
Reaction score
I ordered a brown hat blank, lined from Jas. Townsend on April 2nd and was told promptly that with the liner it would take 4 to 6 weeks for my order to ship. I could have my order shipped immediately if I didn't want the liner. I opted to keep the liner, but asked, if possible, to try to get it out to me in the 4 weeks as I might be able to finish the hat in time to use it this turkey season. They responded that they could not make any promises in that regard.

The order with the lined hat blank arrived today. Only 2 weeks and a couple days post order. Way to go Jas. Townsend.

Received my heavy USA made wool blanket with in 3 days from them just this week... TOP notch customer service. I do think their products are pricey but, for quality stuff like they sell and the turn around, I will throw in a few more bucks.
Joe

I bought a tricorn from them a few years ago. They were made to order and it took a while but their communication throughout the time was first class. They run a business the way one should be.

Townsend has a great youtube channel about 18th century stuff. Well worth watching. He says they are having problems getting their merchandise in, but are doing the best they can.

Working in living history museums as I do, I have worn Townsend's 18th century eyeglasses frames as my full-time specs for 20 years. For cheap Korean pot metal, they hold up quite well, and I surely can't argue with the price! Around here, all the eye doctors know how to handle the smaller lenses. The only problem was learning to live without peripheral vision.

I've always had excellent service from Townsends: fast and complete orders. I do check their website to make sure the item(s) are in stock. Their crockery is made by their own potter on site and the items aren't always available. Their redware pottery is excellent.

Another suggestion to check out their Youtube channel. Jon does a great job with his presentations and the huge variety of topics.

Jeff

Back