• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Japanese Reproductions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultra-Hi guns were NOT made by Miroku. There were a LOT of small companies making poor quality stuff back in the 1970's and '80s. Miroku has been in high demand for the past twenty years or more due to the high quality and workmanship. I got into a pretty stiff bidding war to finally get mine back several years ago because the Brown Bess they made rarely ever comes on the Market any more. I have flintlocks from several other manufacturers including Pedersoli, Centermark (long out of business) Sitting Fox etc. but my Miroku is probably the finest in overall quality of any of them. Honda or Toyota - anyone?

Attachments

• Declaration of Independence over my Brown Bess.jpg
    Declaration of Independence over my Brown Bess.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 0
There was an Ultra Hi Kentucky style rifle that just sold on one of our Canadian sites. It said made for Ultra Hi by Miroku Japan. It had a one piece stock. Was a very nice looking rifle and I was very tempted but alas I was too late!

So I’ve been reading about the Japanese muzzleloaders that started coming over in the 60’s thru 80’s. Like Miroku for instance. I haven’t read anything about them that wasn’t negative. Just out of curiosity, has anybody had a positive experience with them?
I bought a "Used" Miroku short land model British musket kit from Log Cabin Sport Shop in 1974. I used it throughout the Bicentenial and after. It shot round ball well and was very reliable. I sold it some years ago, but wished I had it back.

If you know anything about Japanese culture, they would not put out questionable products. Just cursory research on Miroku will show they have a long history and very reputable.
Got my Miroku Brown Bess on here from tooroosters not long ago.

Two Dixie Gun Works Tennessee Mountain rifles, a 50 and a 32. Good results with both and no problems.

If you know anything about Japanese culture, they would not put out questionable products. Just cursory research on Miroku will show they have a long history and very reputable.
Got my Miroku Brown Bess on here from tooroosters not long ago.
I used the search bar within this forum, and I used search bars within Facebook groups I belong to. I’d say 9 out of 10 statements I came across were negative. But after seeing one in person I just couldn’t believe they were that bad, hence why I asked for peoples opinion in this thread.

So I’ve been reading about the Japanese muzzleloaders that started coming over in the 60’s thru 80’s. Like Miroku for instance. I haven’t read anything about them that wasn’t negative. Just out of curiosity, has anybody had a positive experience with them?
I've owned 4 of their Charlevilles over the years. They are light weight and reliable. Stocks are not walnut and are two-piece. I actually prefer the Miruko over the Pedersoli. Pedersoli is too heavy. I got one of their 1795s and did not keep it. Had to beat the barrel bands off the musket when I first got it so I sanded it down. The furniture was thick and heavy. I ended up selling it and replaced it eventually with a Miroku Charleville, which I much prefer. To make it a 1795 replace the Charleville markings with Springfield and US markings, and replace the trumpet rammer with a button head rammer.

I had a Lyman Bess. Said it was miroku. I had it defarbed. Nice gun sort of, but I thought it janky. Sold to a friend who then passed.

Have 2 Dixie TN Mt rifles 1 serial apart. I like them. A little heavy.

Miroku is a high-quality factory! Made the excellent modern Browning rifles; they made high quality repros of the 1861 Springfield muskets; the flash channels were better than the Italian-made ones. Miroku also made some less-than-authentic muzzle loaders, like the 1970's Sears/Miroku frontier rifle. Overall, Miroku is very high quality, just keep in mind they made some lesser-grade guns depending upon the terms of the importer's contract. Any manufacturer can only build to the specs of what is called for. Miroku made Charleville musket repros, I have one, very nice. Research, you'll find it's a great company.

I had one during the Bicentennial that never gave me any serious trouble for at least 8 years. I thinned the stock down to make it more rounded but other than that A ok!

Miroku is a high-quality factory! Made the excellent modern Browning rifles; they made high quality repros of the 1861 Springfield muskets; the flash channels were better than the Italian-made ones. Miroku also made some less-than-authentic muzzle loaders, like the 1970's Sears/Miroku frontier rifle. Overall, Miroku is very high quality, just keep in mind they made some lesser-grade guns depending upon the terms of the importer's contract. Any manufacturer can only build to the specs of what is called for. Miroku made Charleville musket repros, I have one, very nice. Research, you'll find it's a great company.
I did but no where to email them.
Snail mail and numbers is all I could find

Back