• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

January 2022 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got out today and shot. Hit right where I was aiming, need to aim better! It was a little cool out, but good day to shoot.

25gr fffg.
.350 roundball.
.015 pillow ticking cut at muzzle.
Mink oil lube.
.36 caliber LH flintlock, 44" barrel.

Attachments

• KIMG1675.JPG
    KIMG1675.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 36
  • KIMG1667.JPG
    KIMG1667.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 38
  • KIMG1673.JPG
    KIMG1673.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Erwan, the rules are for rifle and pistol, so your good to go with the pistol's.
just don't embarrass us by out shooting us rifle shooters! :D

Erwan, les règles sont pour le fusil et le pistolet, donc votre bon d’aller avec le pistolet.

mais ne nous embarrassez pas en nous tirant dessus avec des tireurs à la carabine!

Got out today and shot. Hit right where I was aiming, need to aim better! It was a little cool out, but good day to shoot.

25gr fffg.
.350 roundball.
.015 pillow ticking cut at muzzle.
Mink oil lube.
.36 caliber LH flintlock, 44" barrel.

@jackpine54 How's your accuracy with that sized load? My 36 seems to love 35 grains and shoots great so I've never tried one that low.

@jackpine54 How's your accuracy with that sized load? My 36 seems to love 35 grains and shoots great so I've never tried one that low.
On a good day, off a rest I can get .75" groups at 35 yards. That's about as far as I can see a small target. My rifle shines at 25 grains and 40 grains, but 25 is cheaper and enough for squirrels and rabbits.

On a good day, off a rest I can get .5" groups at 35 yards. That's about as far as I can see a small target. My rifle shines at 25 grains and 40 grains, but 25 is cheaper and enough for squirrels and rabbits.

That's interesting. I'll have to do some experiments. All things considered, I love my 36 for shooting and hunting.

Back