January 2020 Postal match: Box contest revisited

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This was submitted by a member, and we shot it in August of 2019. I am bringing it back with one addition to the scoring that I'll highlight.

Find your target here: https://www.colliersportsmens.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/target01.pdf

One shot per corner square, each hit that breaks the line is worth one point. If your hit is completely within the boundaries of the square without breaking the lines it is worth two points! Duplicate hits on the same square do not count.

Your fifth shot (or first) will be at the center of the Target, any hit that breaks the line of the inner two inch box scores the point. A hit that is centered well enough to break all 4 crosshairs gets 3 points!

Fire 5 shots only, misses count!

The shooting distance for this contest is 25 yards.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms; peeps are allowed under the condition you mark your target so I know you used a peep. (Tracking it)(NO Cannons) . Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance. Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso. In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scan, etc.

Mutilated targets, or targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

As stated above if you use peep sights that too must be marked on your target. (Pretty Please!)

Mail your target postmarked by January 31st 2020 to:

Terry Stephens
251 S 90th St
Mesa AZ 85208

buford87

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I like that one, I'll try to get this done as soon as I can.................watch yer top knot............

Walkingeagle

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Supposed to get pretty darn cold up here now, but I hope to be able to get in a range visit. Hopefully be able to partake this month.
Walk

flinter1977

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Just got done casting some .45 round balls for my flintlock Hatfield . going to give it a try this month. Looks challenging.

buford87

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I went to the range today and you can give me a zero for this month.................watch yer top knot..............

Juice Jaws

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The rains have come so Juice Jaws is back in the game. But don't worry boys, I am still tail-end- Charlie on the score board. Adui my target is in the mail. Thanks for putting these on

flinter1977

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Mines in the mail today too . not the best but they're all on the paper . still fun though.

flinter1977

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'll be in mesa before my target . I'll be staying in Tucson from Wed to sun . I should of dropped it off . lol.

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'll be in mesa before my target . I'll be staying in Tucson from Wed to sun . I should of dropped it off . lol.
You sir are most welcome to swing by! I will be without a vehicle this weekend but wouldn't mind a face to face!

flinter1977

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the invite . I will most certainly try . what day and times would work . we're visiting my wife's aunt. I too would like a face to face .

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Juice Jaws is the first to get me a target in 2020! Thanks for shooting!

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Flinter 1977 your target is here! Thanks for shooting

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Maven got your target. You're on the scoreboard!

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have to get out there and do this one. Weather is not an excuse this time. Last week of January, should be frozen as Quebec this time of year................I just saw 2 flocks of robins up here in the middle of Maine???????????? What the.......:dunno:
Global warming, or REALLY REALLY confused birds..

58 Caliber

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well life and weather got in the way again this month so I did not shoot. Printed the targets with the best of intentions however it did not happen. So don't wait for a target from me. Thanks.
Dave

Group Builder