• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Jaeger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cositrike

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Many will have already seen this, but I love it, so here it is again. Made early 1700’s. Right handed lock, but has he cheekpiece on the right for a lefty shooter. And of course the patch box on the left

Attachments

• E59FDA33-DA96-4866-B69F-A0E7820F5CF7.jpeg
    E59FDA33-DA96-4866-B69F-A0E7820F5CF7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • BE56780D-DE0E-42BE-AC95-D09D74571286.jpeg
    BE56780D-DE0E-42BE-AC95-D09D74571286.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 01711BF5-08ED-4677-8921-815BE499A9F5.jpeg
    01711BF5-08ED-4677-8921-815BE499A9F5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Very nice! I'm pretty sure you could use that gun right or left-handed.
I think I'd call that screw a double slot more than a Phillips.
Yes, it could be used either hand. most muzzle loaders can, but if you used it right hand, you have a patch box cover instead of a cheek piece. So it was made to be shot from the left shoulder

Very nice & unusual Jaeger Cositrike, what caliber & type of rifling does it have & have you fired it ?

I shoot all of my original rifles & pistols unless they are in mint condition, those get sold.
I do have a couple of Jaegers left in my collection. One is an early flint conversion of about the same era & condition as yours that is marked made in Geneva in .70 cal. with a near mint rifled fast twist bore with micro-groove style rifling but haven't had an opportunity to shoot it yet.
Now that we have this new spot for Original Antique Firearms I'll take some photos & post it on the forum :thumb:
relic shooter

Very nice & unusual Jaeger Cositrike, what caliber & type of rifling does it have & have you fired it ?

I shoot all of my original rifles & pistols unless they are in mint condition, those get sold.
I do have a couple of Jaegers left in my collection. One is an early flint conversion of about the same era & condition as yours that is marked made in Geneva in .70 cal. with a near mint rifled fast twist bore with micro-groove style rifling but haven't had an opportunity to shoot it yet.
Now that we have this new spot for Original Antique Firearms I'll take some photos & post it on the forum :thumb:
relic shooter
I’ll have to get it out in the next day or two, to have a look. As I remember, it’s round bottom rifling. Quite deep. I think it’s seven groove but will let you know

Back