• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jaeger project rifle...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a few years since this was posted, how does it shoot at longer ranges now? Does it have a false breech? I am curious why is should have a removable forend>

Hi Heelerau, Small world eh. The longest I have shot it is 100 yards and can keep all rounds on a 10 inch paper plate offhand. Might have something to do with my eyesight.:(
I asked the guy I bought it from and he said his father served in Germany during WWII and he cut the stock so it would fit in his duffel bag upon returning home. He called it a war trophy and over the years the original piece was lost

I does seem to be a small world. That answers the question nicely re the for end. An old girlfriends father de loused mines during WW2, one of those mad boffins. He found a lovely flintlock pistol in the bottom of Bremen Harbour whilst de lousing a new type of magnetic oyster mine. I had it repaired and we shot it a few times, I think it was of early Dutch manufacture. He won a George Cross for that little effort. George Gosse if you want to google him.

George's bio is very interesting and a handsome fellow. Without him and others like him we (The Allies) would have lost a lot more shipping than we did.
PS: My wife has decided she wants to be called a boffin (learned a new term) and is a perfect description of her.

I had to find some of the pictures that tinypic deleted. Sadly most of the build pictures were on a computer that crashed and I couldn't recover.
001.JPG
002.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
005.JPG

I will add more if I can find them.

Back