• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Jaeger… the real deal or built

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings Africa58double,
I'm 80 & can no longer hunt or shoot rifles so have decided to sell my original rifled percussion .70 cal. Jeager that I've hunted &
shot competition with for 40 years. I collected & shot original Jaegers for many years, this was my favorite because it produced the tightest groups on paper of any I have owned & has brought big game down at 150+ yds. with it's well regulated orig. express sights. I typically shot 3-4 matches before giving the bore a wipe with a damp patch, My loading data will be included to the buyer.
My overall competition & hunting patched round ball load for this rifle was 80grs of 2f black powder, this load is capable of consistent cloverleaf 10 ring groups with this load at 50 yds. with the rifle's express sights.

- It is a Danish built Jaeger & signed by I.C. Haugaard in Kiobenhavn, he was as a master armorer for the crown.
- The barrel & iron fittings on this rifle are rust & corrosion free & shows no signs of ever having been cleaned, resurfaced or
refinished.
-The rifle measures 45.25"OAL & weighs in at just under 8lbs, that includes it's still very serviceable vintage adjustable leather sling.
- The wood full-stock with iron hardware has a 13 & 3/8" LOP, it is in excellent condition with only minor dings from use & has had no cracks or repairs.
- The .70 cal. swamped barrel is 29'' long & features deep flat bottomed rifling with period typical one-turn in the length of the
barrel. The bore is bright with no pitting or corrosion & reflects it has been well cared for by all of it's previous caretakers. It has been fitted with a Tresco nipple for fast ignition, I still have the original nipple.
- The lock & it's internals remain tight as new condition & also has a half-cock position & a fly for use of it's double-set triggers.
- The screw adjustable double-set triggers are also in perfect working condition.
- Note; This Jaeger was fitted with an oversized trigger guard for hunting in cold weather with gloved hands. Was a plus for
hunting big game in Idaho's snow covered mountains.
- The original tapered ramrod was cracked when I obtained the rifle, I replaced it with a black carbon-fiber RR that resembles ebony. This material is semi-flexible, & will not wear the bore or muzzle.
** I am including the rifles loading data, mold & a supply of patches & balls.
My firm price for this rifle is $2,850 plus the actual shipping cost & USPS insurance to the lower 48 only.
It will be shipped in a rifle hard-case that will be protected inside a cardboard box.
If this Jaeger fits your needs I will be happy to include any additional photos & information you may require.
IMG_2403.JPG Danish Jaeger.JPG

Best regards,
Chuck, aka relic shooter

That’s a really nice rifle. I believe that’s a bit Large caliber for me and my weak little shoulder. Seriously, very nice… yet a tad bigger cal than I’d prefer.

That’s a really nice rifle. I believe that’s a bit Large caliber for me and my weak little shoulder. Seriously, very nice… yet a tad bigger cal than I’d prefer.

Africa58double in event you haven't already located a rifle yet, the recoil on this .70 cal. Jaeger with the 80 gr. 2F powder charge on this rifle I've used for both competition shooting & hunting with a round ball is no more than shooting a .58 cal. civil War rifle with a mini-ball.
At 80 years old I can no longer hunt or compete with this rifle & would like to see it to go to a fellow shooter who will use & care for it. If interested I will let this exceptionally nice & accurate Jaeger & it's shooting accesories go for the same price & will cover cost of shipping & insurance to you.
relic shooter
1674662805153.png

Back