• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Jack Garner .50 Cal Tennessee Poor Boy for sale SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLCranford3

36 Cal.
Reaction score
SOLD PENDING FUNDS: For Sale one unfired 50 caliber Jack Garner Tennessee Poor Boy style flintlock. This rifle has a great looking curly maple stock, a 42'' straight .50 caliber barrel, and a small Siler (style) lock. This iron mounted beauty is also fitted with double set triggers. I acquired this rifle in a recent trade, It is not my style of rifle and am hopefully going to move it on to it's forever home as such I am offering this rifle at $1150 shipped. I will accept check, money order, or discreet paypal. Please feel free ask any questions.

Regards,
Trey

Attachments

• g01.jpg
    g01.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 410
  • g02.jpg
    g02.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 425
  • g03.jpg
    g03.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 389
  • g04.jpg
    g04.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 386
  • g05.jpg
    g05.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 367
  • g06.jpg
    g06.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 358
  • g09.jpg
    g09.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 349
  • g08.jpg
    g08.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 353
  • g07.jpg
    g07.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 349
  • g11.jpg
    g11.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
If I may help some. I have had a number of straight green mountain barreled guns. All Shot great I believe them to be 1/66 50 cal up.

Does 1/66 mean it is best suited for round ball ?
Yes. The larger the number 66, 72, and higher (slower twists) are better for patched round balls. the lower number 1:24, 1:36, fast twists will stabilize conicals.
Does 1/66 mean it is best suited for round ball ?
1:66 means that the projectile makes one full revolution in 66'' of forward travel. The slower the rate the better for patched round balls. 1:9, 1: 12, 1:24, 1:36 are all for pointed projectiles. the faster twist rates (lower numbers) are too fast for patched round balls and make their trajectory unstable. You will see some factory production guns have a 1:56 twist rate.....this is a compromise that will shoot both Patched Round balls and Conicals ......just ok.

For Sale one unfired 50 caliber Jack Garner Tennessee Poor Boy style flintlock. This rifle has a great looking curly maple stock, a 42'' straight .50 caliber barrel, and a small Siler (style) lock. This iron mounted beauty is also fitted with double set triggers. I acquired this rifle in a recent trade, It is not my style of rifle and am hopefully going to move it on to it's forever home as such I am offering this rifle at $1150 shipped. I will accept check, money order, or discreet paypal. Please feel free ask any questions.

Regards,
Trey
Good luck with your sale. I have a mid-70's Garner TPB in .45. They're nice!

Dang, I wish I'd seen this a couple of days ago... I just got the ball rolling on a Kashtuk Fowler after mulling and looking for the last couple of months...

Dang, I wish I'd seen this a couple of days ago... I just got the ball rolling on a Kashtuk Fowler after mulling and looking for the last couple of months...
I wouldn't worry about it, Hendrie makes great guns and is super easy to deal with! I think the world of him!

Trey

I can almost for sure tell you that is a green mountain barrel by the muzzle which is what jack used till the last few years as no one could seem to get barrels from green mountain venders went to colerain maybe in 2012

b1.jpg
b3.jpg
b2.jpg
b4.jpg
b5.jpg
b6.jpg
b7.jpg

Items included with this transaction: Linen and Leather Possibles bag, T/C .490 Round ball mold (handles not included), and Powder horn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back