• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

ive got a jumbo barr hog coming behind the house think ill hunt him this week

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie1968

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I went out and checked a couple cameras at my house have a super jumbo barr hog coming through a small sounder of sows and football sized piglets. gonna get some bait out and try to nail the big barr hog. thinking my pedersoli Kodiak double.72 with a roundball needs to get some work.
008-4[1].jpg
013-3[1].jpg

Haven't fed at all a banner acorn crop the was st dropping early January plus all the pastures are green so there been teary them up for that sweet bulb at the. End of grass

Looks like a big pregnant sow to me.

A barr hog is a boar hog that has been cut or castrated. ... But one of the main reasons people catch these feral hogs and castrate them is because once they get cut, and released back in the wild, they grow faster, fatter, and don't have that strong taste or smell common to them.

If there is any one individual in the State of Texas that knows hogs, (sex, habits, blood lines, smell, diet, etc...) that would be Howie!
He has more kills than anyone I have ever known.
Howie says it's a barr boar - take it to the bank.....

That's gonna be a lot of pork!!!

Dang that is a huge hog. I’ve taken 3 over the years with unmentionables. 2 of them tasted fantastic-like pork from the local grocer. Third one wasn’t great. I’ve heard that acorn fed taste the best. If you are a sausage maker, all the better!

A barr hog is a boar hog that has been cut or castrated. ... But one of the main reasons people catch these feral hogs and castrate them is because once they get cut, and released back in the wild, they grow faster, fatter, and don't have that strong taste or smell common to them.

If there is any one individual in the State of Texas that knows hogs, (sex, habits, blood lines, smell, diet, etc...) that would be Howie!
He has more kills than anyone I have ever known.
Howie says it's a barr boar - take it to the bank.....

That's gonna be a lot of pork!!!
Thanks for the kind words grizz44mag. I've been T it for 35 years. Got my start at it up in your neck of the woods Decatur Bridgeport area

Back