• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I've been spiked

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer dealers here in the states often have compressed CO2. Invert the bottle so you get liquid instead of gas, and presto, dry ice. I'm told you can buy it mail order - comes in a styrofoam box.

Squire Robin said:
I'll get my wife to ask for liquid nitrogen next time she goes shopping, but I don't hold out a lot of hope :hmm:

My wife sometimes picks up dry ice at Fry's grocery store here in Phoenix. In the desert southwest, it can be pretty handy stuff for weekend camping trips.

I usually need to go to the welding supply place for liquefied gasses. I think that the scientific suppliers like Fischer, Aldritch, Baxter, & Canlab also sell that stuff in smaller quantities. I would think that someone like BAX Global would have a division in the UK that would have that sort of thing on hand. Of course, I have no idea what the restrictions on a private subject of the crown receiving that sort of thing would be.

My dearest Squire,
I understand that you have a job and of course, need to earn an income.You have a family to support- wife and children to nurture; a home and car to maintain; friends to see and I'm sure, many interests, both professional and recreational, but can you please ( and I'm bold enough to say that I speak on behalf of EVERYONE who has been following this thread)can you please,please.. lay these trivial things aside and.............. GET BACK TO FIXING THE BLOODY CANNON !!!!!-warmest regards zodd

OK, I have been out of the loop a bit. Has Squire heard the roar of this beastie, or does she still have something stuck in her throat?

I have been learning CNC machining and making all sorts of wonderful things, (for the uninitiated, CNC is the computer turning the handles on your cutting machines one heck of a lot better than you can :grin: ).

Making the tools to cut a groove in the obstruction, expand a collet and pull now sounds extremely easy.

Unfortunately there is a queue of other stuff I have to do first :(

take your time but hurry up! just kidding. we're all just curious to know whats jammed in there. its a shame we all have to make a living, and can't just have our hobby time. keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Just a thunk: If the wait goes on into freezing weather, heat it up, pour a little water in the breech, and let it freeze. If there's any space between the plug and the barrel that water can get into, freezing might pop it loose - maybe a little at a time.

Latest posts

Back