• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

It's rough . . .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lived five years with out running water or electric, wood heat only( in summer I had a propane cook stove)
Then I got married and got an eight year old and a fourteen year old. Umph, life change.
Good change but I still have the skills.... even if 2/3 of my Library now is on a kindle.

Hey thanks, I just remembered I need to change the oil in my generator, Think I'll go do that.

Electricity goes out every big storm in the boonies where I live. The generator turns on fridge, 2 freezers ,water pump ,Oil fired water heater and oil FHA furnace turn back on along with a couple circuits of lights.

We don't use the TV or computers on the gen power. A winter blizzard put the power down for 2 days one winter. My son then 14 had finished snow blowing, Our home and several of his customers. He was all done and was sitting bored . He said this is horrible I'm going to take a HOT shower and go to bed so we can ice fish in the morning!

I was reading about the old timers
Thinking about how great they had it
Dang, what times

Then the electricity went out

Now I'm sitting in the dark drinking warm beer

Jim in La Luz
😎
I just went 4 days with no electricity.......... Near hurricane force winds wrecked havoc here in Albuquerque last Tuesday, mine wasn't restored until Friday night.

Folks: Let's get back to discussing how fun it is to live like they did before electricity and quit talking about beer.

Are power went out this morning, my sister's kids freaked out. Me I went through my bag for my muzzleloader. The problem nowadays is we have to rely on having power, sometimes maybe not even by choice we can't do many things anymore with electricity.

Are power went out this morning, my sister's kids freaked out. Me I went through my bag for my muzzleloader. The problem nowadays is we have to rely on having power, sometimes maybe not even by choice we can't do many things anymore with electricity.
When my power went out I was posting online via smoke signals............

Come on guys, it's not that hard. you wake up and draw back the shades to let in the sun for light. You boil water for coffee on a butane stove, then make toast on it using a Coleman toaster. Or you could do everything outside on your gas grill.
Easy peasy simple, coffee and toast for breakfast.

The things we can't do without electricity are things we really don't need anyway.
I do love air conditioning and hot water though.
My water heater will last 2 days without electricity to run it and my basement stays cool without a/c.

Back