• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

It's here....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omahkapi'si

Frontier .50
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked it up today...My new Pedersoli Frontier .50....first round lead downrange tomorrow...my first BP rifle. :)

Attachments

• Frontier 2.jpg
    Frontier 2.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 226
Just picked it up today...My new Pedersoli Frontier .50....first round lead downrange tomorrow...my first BP rifle. :)
Sounds like a good time. If you haven’t already done so in all the excitement, suggest cleaning the bore before that first shot. Don’t want any manufacturer’s cutting fluid or preservative fowling your first charge.

I had a Cabela's Blue Ridge rifle in .50 flintlock once (same rifle if I'm not mistaken). I've since sold it because I have a bunch of custom guns, both that I've made and which others have made. I just couldn't see keeping the Blue Ridge gun and I wouldn't have used it. That said, I killed more deer with that gun than any gun I've ever owned, modern or traditional (at least a dozen and probably closer to 15 in the 8 or 10 years that I owned it). It was certainly acceptable.

Back