It's funny what gets a pass....

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by Brokennock, May 6, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. May 6, 2019 #41

Shot deer

Shot deer

Shot deer

40 Cal MLF Supporter

I TOTALLY agree with you.

Once again, Brokennock "pioneers" through something people leave totally untouched. People that are committed to the truth, need to recognise Brokennock's ability to do this. However, people who accuse him of being judgemental, etc might very well be in the wrong! People think things that are small will have no effect, but every thing starts small, now doesn't it? Congrats Brokennock, and society, starting in a muzzleloading forum,needs to hear this.

Now to the Admins/Moderators,

I appreciate you, and so does everybody else on this forum, save MAYBE very few who don't recognise the time (and all the other things) you put into this. I think the Administrators and Moderators deserve alot more credit than they get.

NOTE: I am not joking.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. May 6, 2019 #42

arcticap

arcticap

arcticap

54 Cal.

Two sisters inherit the family ranch.
    Unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble.
    In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to purchase a bull so that they can breed their own stock.

Upon leaving with $600, one sister tells the other, 'When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home.'

The sister arrives at the man's ranch, inspects the bull, and decides she wants to buy it.
    The man tells her that he will sell it for $599, no less.
    After paying him, she drives to the nearest town to send her sister a telegram to tell her the news.

She walks into the telegraph office, and says, 'I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch.
    I need her to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck and drive out here so we can haul it home.'

The telegraph operator explains that he'll be glad to help her, then adds, it will cost 99 cents a word.
    Well, after paying for the bull, the sister realizes that she'll only be able to send her sister one word.

After a few minutes of thinking, she nods and says, 'I want you to send her the word 'comfortable.'

The operator shakes his head. 'How is she ever going to know that you want her to hitch the trailer to your pickup truck
    and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch if you send her just the word 'comfortable?'

The sister explains,' The word is big. She'll read it very slowly... 'com-for-da-bul.' ;)

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Nyckname, Adui, Angie and 5 others like this.
  3. May 7, 2019 #43

Shot deer

Shot deer

Shot deer

40 Cal MLF Supporter

That is a good one!:D:D:D

arcticap likes this.
  4. May 7, 2019 #44

45man

45man

45man

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

I totally ignore some grammar as I type with one finger and make mistakes. I also go off topic myself but we are all shooters with all types of guns. Being a mod is a tough job and all here do exceptional work, thank you. If I were a mod, there would be things I would just let go however personal attacks should never be allowed.
    I have been tossed from sites for resisting dangerous practices without any name calling since I hurt someones feelings. There are just some things you do not tell anyone to do even if you have done it forever. In an instant the Angel can leave and you can be DEAD.
    One stick point is whamming a heavy ramrod to seat a ball. My friend does it and I ask "what are you doing?" The powder either black or smokeless can go off with impact and the rod and ball will remove your hand. He still does it since Youtube shows it. I do not carry an extra hand in my shooting bag.

Angie and Shot deer like this.
  5. May 7, 2019 #45

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

I had one member say that I knowingly told tourists untrue things when I’ve demonstrated frontier life. We had disagreed on equipment. And somehow deep inside I knew this other point of view was correct.To say that one is knowing saying things that are untrue is to say that one is lying.
    I found that upsetting. However I still have respect for the one who said that. And in fact don’t really care if he has respect for me or not. All in all we have strong opinions and will speak those.
    Should you see something that’s wrong or even dangerous you can speak your mind, but when the smoke clears your the only one who is responsible for loading your gun, setting up your camp, and at times talk to tourists about your camp. And everyone else is likewise responsible for their stuff.
    On this forum all we are doing is opining.

Shot deer likes this.
  6. May 7, 2019 #46

S.Kenton

S.Kenton

S.Kenton

58 Cal.

I’ll take this opportunity to apologize for railroading a “certain”thread... and possibly stirring the pot. I’m normally very docile and restrained in my posts...

Angie and Shot deer like this.
  7. May 7, 2019 #47

hanshi

hanshi

hanshi

Cannon

I don't believe I've ever attacked a poster. There have been numerous times when I've questioned data, offered up conflicting "facts" or corrected specific misinformation and have, myself, been corrected in the same way. I feel this is benign behavior as is humor - some of which is beyond anyone who's "humorless" to fully understand. Think about it; simply address the subject with which you disagree or the facts, but not the poster.

Quite a while back I was personally attacked when I posted some chrongraph data concerning a rifle. All the ones who took issue with my post only took issue with me, personally. The data, chronograph session and possible variables were NEVER mentioned. Finally I'd had enough and reported it. I've never put anyone on the ignore list as there always seems to be something of value that might be missed. Well, I like it here, and I'll be here a while. Be nice out there.

45man, Angie and Shot deer like this.
  8. May 7, 2019 #48

Brokennock

Brokennock

Brokennock

50 Cal.

I'd like to point out that thus far, all responses to this topic, for the most part (even those I don't agree with completely or that lead me to believe the poster missed my point) have been intelligible, on track with the discussion, and clearly written with some train of thought in mind.
    Missing from the discussion is....... oh, sorry, I'm not supposed to go there.

Shot deer likes this.
  9. May 8, 2019 #49

45man

45man

45man

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

Please be friends no matter what. There is nothing worth the loss of good people. Just explain a position you hold and why. It will be picked apart and only dangerous situations will be addressed. Off topic is just fine so don't worry at all. I don't care if you are shooting a .460 Weatherby or .54 flint lock. We are kin with a trigger.
    Best group of guys here, be tolerant.

tenngun likes this.
  10. May 25, 2019 #50

Griz44Mag

Griz44Mag

Griz44Mag

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

LOL - Right on target Jimbo!

11. May 26, 2019 #51

Vomir le Chien

Vomir le Chien

Vomir le Chien

32 Cal

Best words, "to live by" I read in a long time: "Judge me when you are perfect",,,,goes both ways.

12. May 26, 2019 #52

Griz44Mag

Griz44Mag

Griz44Mag

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

(LOLOLOL - good one!)