• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

It's been a good run, but Im going to hang up my powder horn for a spell

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My friends...

My personal life has taken me away from firearms in general, I wont go into the reasons why except to say I have committed no crimes, just had some personal issues that made me set them down for a time. Eventually I will get back into this hobby I have loved for so long, but for now I am setting it aside.

I am discontinuing the contests, I just don't have the passion I once had for it all.

I will remain a member of the forum, and an occasional lurker, but since my posts have been restricted to the monthly contests for a while now, I will likely be inactive for posting.

Thanks for a great run, I look forward to the day I can return to this hobby I was once so passionate for.

I wish you all the best in the future and hope all works out for you as you would like it to. I also hope that you get back into shooting if you want to. We have enjoyed the contests you have put on. I hope we hear from you soon.

Terry I've really appreciated you running the postals, thank you. I also know how life can happen and we have to make some changes. I had a period in my life where I gave up almost all shooting completely for over 20 years. It involved a combination of work, family, time and location. I sold some guns but kept those the meant the most. Now in retirement I have the time and enjoy it as much as ever but in a different way. May your journey not be as long.

I look forward to you touching base with us here from time to time. Good luck.

Adui
Sorry to hear about this but I really want to thank you for all you've done to make the forum fun for the members. Without your work to put on those shooting contests, the whole idea behind having a postal shoot would have fallen on it's butt.

Stay in touch with us. There are a lot of people who care about you and they will want to hear from you. All it takes is a few seconds to log on and make a thread to let us know that your OK.

Thanks again.
Jim

My friends...

My personal life has taken me away from firearms in general, I wont go into the reasons why except to say I have committed no crimes, just had some personal issues that made me set them down for a time. Eventually I will get back into this hobby I have loved for so long, but for now I am setting it aside.

I am discontinuing the contests, I just don't have the passion I once had for it all.

I will remain a member of the forum, and an occasional lurker, but since my posts have been restricted to the monthly contests for a while now, I will likely be inactive for posting.

Thanks for a great run, I look forward to the day I can return to this hobby I was once so passionate for.
Do not go too dark. I wish you all the best. Hang in there, and God bless.

Wow.. Just wow. Thank you all so much! I assure you I will not go completely dark. I'll check in from time to time and let y'all know Im alive and kicking. In the meantime I have one person who stepped up. Im happy the matches wont go away. I'll probably coach him thru the first month or two to be sure the changing of the guard goes smoothly

Appreciate your thoughtful expression of the waning passion in your life, and the needed turn now taken in your life's journey. The very best to you, and God bless. ~wiksmo

Back