It's 1813

Discussion in 'Share Your Persona' started by pathfinder Ted, Mar 30, 2013.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Mar 30, 2013 #1

pathfinder Ted

pathfinder Ted

pathfinder Ted

32 Cal.

I've been buckskinning since the late '70's,and latley I've been doing more "Show and Tell's",so I've been refining my kit.

I've alway's been a stickler for being proper in my kit's. Never criticle of others,and only say something when asked or if something is really out of place,then I just ask,"Why this or that",and leave it at that.

So...here I go! It's now 1813. I was born in 1754. I saw service in the war for independance. Was a "Tinker",built furniture,clock's and gun's. Able to do darn near anything to make a "buck". I am now 59 years old and do a little market hunting supplying meat to town and fort. I shoot a Brown Bess musket I was allowed to keep after my service.

Well,I tried to base most of my persona on events in my life. Easier to keep track of "who I am"

I was born in 1954,the War for Independance is kinda close to Veit Nam in my real life,although I didn't serve(4H).

I know this forum is for established persona's,what is the forum I'd use to get some help in refining my chosen time and situation?

2. Mar 31, 2013 #2

pargent

pargent

pargent

62 Cal.

You would have been able to purchase an OUT OF SERVICE BESS at a modest price from your old milita unit or an agent for surplus arms , also of note many civilian muskets were made for sale in the Colonies , these were almost identical to the Kings Muskets of the times ( some were even originaly made with shorter barrels ) . :thumbsup: Often called Trade Muskets they were of quite good quality and made to provide years of good service , they should not be cofused with trade muskets made for natives .

3. Mar 31, 2013 #3

Keb

Keb

Keb

50 Cal.

What? 1954? I thought you were much older than that. :)

4. Mar 31, 2013 #4

pathfinder Ted

pathfinder Ted

pathfinder Ted

32 Cal.

Life has taken it's tollon me! When somebody asked if Lloyd was my "Little" brother,it's rough!

5. Apr 3, 2013 #5

Birdwatcher

Birdwatcher

Birdwatcher

45 Cal.

All I know is I was born in 1781. Had to be to be my present age (55) in 1836 at the Alamo.

Next year I'll be born in 1780, and if'n I'm still around in 2033 I'll be born in 1761. In fact if I live long enough I might even get to be a F&I War veteran :haha:

Birdwatcher

6. Apr 4, 2013 #6

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

I'm 55 almost 56,started out in the westrn fur trade,now I'm moving to territorial ozarks.Deerskin hunter,scrath farmer,whisky maker and alround trapper.I live near the trail of tears,southern stagecoach route that would for my persona come much later and schoolcrafts route through the ozarks,It now fits my age and place,however I do miss tipi livin' :grin:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2018