• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ithica Navy Hawken value?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several years ago i paid $150 for a Navy Arms "Hurricane" Hawken that had probably never been fired. The stock was badly dried out and i livened it up with linseed oil.

After killing a few hogs using conicals, that rifle sat around for many years. Finally, the barrel was shipped to Mr. Hoyt, who turned it into first class .54 caliber round ball rifle with rounded grooves and 1/66" rifling..
Bobby Hoyt did great work for me on a .58 musket.

I owned one that I didn't really care for until I had a friend"s father who worked in Navy's shop work on the lock and triggers. It came with a lock mainspring that was an as is casting, no heat treating, etc. I didn't find that out until it broke. IMHO, it was in no way the most "Authentic" Hawken replica but it was the best I could afford back then. I can't imagine anyone paying more than $500.00 for one now.
If it's an early model made with Cherry Corners parts you wont get one for 500.00 unless the seller is cognitively impaired or just plain clueless. I agree Navy Arms models may be somewhat lesser quality if produced with other than CH Cnrs parts.

If it's an early model made with Cherry Corners parts you wont get one for 500.00 unless the seller is cognitively impaired or just plain clueless. I agree Navy Arms models may be somewhat lesser quality if produced with other than CH Cnrs parts.
Cherry corners is stamped on one of my parts. It's no 2547 and I think it's an early one. I just want to learn about my rifles. Thanks!

Back