• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Italian Revolver ID

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are. M.

NC NMLRA Field Rep, NRA ML Instructor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20220518_194936.jpg
    20220518_194936.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220518_195155.jpg
    20220518_195155.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220518_195159.jpg
    20220518_195159.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220518_200318.jpg
    20220518_200318.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 36
I found this on another forum some time ago: “[PR] was the mark used by Fabbrica d'Armi Esterina Riva for their black powder replicas line, imported by FIE (Firearms Import Export).“ I’ve usually seen the PR stamp on the grip frame like yours, followed by FIE. I’ve had two so marked. And I’d say that’s definitely a 7.

I, too, see that as a well-stamped 7. The coat of arms is that of the city of Gardone Val Trompia, location of the Italian national proof house, and home of Beretta, the oldest commercial company on Earth. The wreathed star over the shield denotes the symbol of the Republic of Italy. The same star over PN denotes 'Pulvero nero' = black powder.

1652952223598.png

I found this on another forum some time ago: “[PR] was the mark used by Fabbrica d'Armi Esterina Riva for their black powder replicas line, imported by FIE (Firearms Import Export).“ I’ve usually seen the PR stamp on the grip frame like yours, followed by FIE. I’ve had two so marked. And I’d say that’s definitely a 7.
I have one "PR" I'm trying to find out the manufacturers recommended amount of gunpowder and cylinder/nipple size. It's a brass framed Remington .44 cal I think.

Any manufacturer's recommendation should just be the standard load range for any particular Remington or Colt .44 model. A Google search using your model revolver should give you load ranges to work with. I usually use 20-25 grains 3F Goex in my .44 revolvers. whether Colt or Remington. I get my best accuracy with loads in that range. Remington NMAs, Walkers, Dragoons and 1860 Armys all have different maximum load capacities. It may also depend on your bullet (RB versus conical) and whether or not you use a wad.

You may have to ask others about cap size. If you can remove a nipple and mic the cap end someone here should be able to make a recommendation. Alternately, try what you have (or can get!) and see if the nipples will stay on, fire properly, and drop off like they should. I have a couple of revolvers with SlixShot nipples and they do seem to perform a bit better for me. Others swear by them.

Good luck and let us all know what you find out.

Back