• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Italian Made Guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Italians, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Indians and many other nations have traditions of exquisite craftsmanship that go back hundreds and thousands of years. Primarily, the reason they get the reputation of making cr*p is because that's what their consumers want: cheap stuff. They can make cr*p if cr*p is what it takes to get their economies on a competitive footing in modern manufacturing. Look what's happened with China since Nixon opened the floodgates...

So, having watched Italian made replicas, particularly revolvers, go out of stock, one after the other at a number of well known purveyors, I decided it was time to pull the trigger on purchasing a handgun that has caught my eye for some time, a Pietta 1860 Colt, with half fluted cylinder. (I know I know, but there were a few made) I find the combination of the sleek lines and the fluted cylinder appealing, so I made my "panic" buy.

I have to give credit to Dixie, they shipped it within 24 hours and it arrived yesterday, and I couldn't be more pleased. Beautiful gun, that fits my hand well it is my first 1860 and I like the feel and handling much better than the 1851, 1958 or Dragoons. Don't know why I waited so long.

I hope the Italian makers bounce back quick, but I am glad the current troubles goaded me into purchasing the 1860.

The 1860 is may be the best Colt, not only for accuracy, but it is a beauty very comfortable to hold, nice and good gun...
For the Italians I hope too that they can make again arms quickly, for them first because that will be a good signal and for us after...
The situation, like your I guess, is very bad and hard in Europe and specially for Italy, France and Spain...
All is closed and and mainly the factories for certainly a long time...

Speaking of Italian guns, I ran across this video showing the barrel making process at the Pedersoli factory. May have been posted here before, but I found it interesting.

Back