• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

It all started with one!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I bought a 54 caliber T/C Hawken from my uncle. He bought it as a kit gun in the mid 80's. Well long story short I fell in love with it and now have my youngest son hooked as well. Now between us we have three. My 54, his 50 with a Green Mnt. PRB barrel, and a 45 as well.
imagejpg2_zpsd512613d.jpg

Three kids and a lot of irons in the fire. I also have too many hobbies as well. My next will be a flinter! Hopefully sooner than later.

Man I am not feeling well now myself ahhchhuuuuu sniffle sniffle i guess its time to buy something new.

Don't listen to them :nono: 3 is fine. Why I myself only have 3. (talking to the voice in my head)***Shutup if it's apart on the bench it doesn't count! :youcrazy: What THAT!? it's still a kit it doesn't count either, no no that one is only .32 cal. nothing under .40 gets counted.

Like I was saying having 3 doesn't mean your addicted. And I only have 6 :doh: errr I mean 3.... so I'm fine..ahhhh that is, your fine..I mean yea, I'm looking for a .54 but I can stop any time...

:wink:

Yup I must be afflicted by MLD, I bought the first about a month ago and now I have 6!! Two
CVA Hawkens, Two 1863 Zouave's and an 1810 dueling pistol!!!! And a T/C .45 Hawken style. Yep I am all in!! Df

Hah, my wife thought I was the only nut case that was obsessed with muzzleloaders!
My first gun was a used CVA which I bought last March.
I now have 24 guns in various calibers, flintlock, percussion, rifles,revolvers, and single shot pistols.
I love the looks,the feel,the shooting and the mechanical aspects of these guns.
These things are addicting but great fun and a lot healthier than a lot of other addicting things!!

These things are addicting but great fun and a lot healthier than a lot of other addicting things!!

Thats what I tell my wife :grin: . I dont EVER go to a bar, if I drink it's at home or in the woods or lake. I tell her, Would you rather I spend it stopping for a daily beer like so and so? Would cost more than the toys I spend my allowance on!

Sean Gadhar said:
Don't listen to them :nono: 3 is fine. Why I myself only have 3. (talking to the voice in my head)***Shutup if it's apart on the bench it doesn't count! :youcrazy: What THAT!? it's still a kit it doesn't count either, no no that one is only .32 cal. nothing under .40 gets counted.

Like I was saying having 3 doesn't mean your addicted. And I only have 6 :doh: errr I mean 3.... so I'm fine..ahhhh that is, your fine..I mean yea, I'm looking for a .54 but I can stop any time...

:wink:

nothing under 40 cal? I thought that was nothing under 40mm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

perhaps he means that he only has three T/C guns ... heck, I've got a renegade and three barrels ... now is that a gun, or three guns, or some potential hybrid?

he'll catch up to us as the MLD follows its normal progress...

As I age, I am starting to pare down the number of guns that I have. I will never be without at least a few guns. I am not counting my modern guns. At the moment, I have 7....no, 8.....no, wait, it's 9 muzzleloading guns in my gun safe. At one time, I had upwards of 20 muzzleloaders in my gun safe. I have no idea of how many I have owned if you count the ones that I bought or traded for, shot for a while and then traded or sold them but it has been a bunch. I guess I'm out of the building phase of my life. I have retired and now have to keep a closer eye on my money. A thousand dollars for a box of parts from which to build a rifle is getting beyond the point of being a sensible expenditure. But I still shoot all of them. I justify the expense of shooting my muzzleloaders by telling my wife that it is relaxing and soothes any jangled nerves and it is cheaper than a psychiatrist. :hatsoff: :haha:

At age 43 I think I had 3 muzzleloaders, you are doing fine. Now, if you get your wife to shoot things will change in a hurry. My wife has more pistols than some of these guys are bragging about the rifles they have. Also, please understand it is not about how many you have, it is about how much use and enjoyment you get from them. GOOD LUCK!

Michael

house said:
...between us....

No hope for you! When you have more than one shooter in the house, it goes nuts. No such thing as owning just one of something you both like. Then there are diverging interests where one of you goes down one winding path, while the other hotfoots for another flight of fancy.

Sounds like we have a lot of muzzleloaders in our house, but mostly none of us has more than half a dozen we shoot all the time. But when we're racking them for me, my wife, our daughter, granddaughter and son-in-law, ain't no such thing as using one gun safe. And that's good! :applause:

When I was your age, I only had 3 or 4 and was undergoing the cure. However, I've had a relapse and now have 3 percussion rifles, 1 flintlock rifle, 2 shotguns, 3 sidelock pistols and 4 C&B pistols.

My shrink says I'm insecure but he's anti-gun. :youcrazy:

Latest posts

Back