• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

It’s getting pretty bad!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s getting pretty hard trying to find items for muzzle loading in stock any more. I think we will need to learn how to make things that we need, like they used to.
Some of us do ,it's why some of us can still shoot ! As long as shooters support each other and leave behind the elitist (ours is the only way) attitude and give much needed support our sport will survive , another way is more decline in everything involved with shooting (like now) but that's well known (right)/Ed

Some of us do ,it's why some of us can still shoot ! As long as shooters support each other and leave behind the elitist (ours is the only way) attitude and give much needed support our sport will survive , another way is more decline in everything involved with shooting (like now) but that's well known (right)/Ed
I'm not having trouble with finding shooting supplies outside of muzzleloading either, and I shoot some pretty odd stuff. Ebay continues to produce as does Gunbroken. I find lots of stuff at local gunshows (remember those?), all the old timers are dying off and their stuff is showing up at gunshows, much to my delight.

There are not too many places that have very many muzzleloaders in stock. Not that I’m needing another one, but just try to find a GPR, Gemmer or the new ones made by Pedersoli.
Look on gunbroker, probably oodles of them. The days you're going to find anything to do with muzzleloaders at your local gun store was over 20 years ago. We got this thing called "the interwebs" now, that's where all the cool stuff is. Algore invented it, so go figure.

I'm not having trouble with finding shooting supplies outside of muzzleloading either, and I shoot some pretty odd stuff. Ebay continues to produce as does Gunbroken. I find lots of stuff at local gunshows (remember those?), all the old timers are dying off and their stuff is showing up at gunshows, much to my delight.
I have not gotten used to the idea of buying used stuff unseen. Gun shows in my area seem to be aimed at gangbangers and those who oppose them

Only thing I can't find is caps and that's just because I wont buy them online nor drive more then 30 miles for them. I primarily shoot flintlocks anyway...

See Also:why do old guys collect so much stuff?
The best course of action is to throw nothing away.

And 30 years down the road you'll remember, wait a minute, that thing I didn't throw away in 1993 would be perfect for this application.

Landfills are another treasure trove. All kinds of metal in a landfill. Big signs says DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING. Luckily I don't wear my glasses when at the landfill.

Saves money too.

We must remember that much of the things we need for our hobby was being provided by small mom and pop businesses. The last 2 1/2 years have been rough for them. Many seem to have just given up. The ones that continue have seen huge increases in the cost of the materials and shipping of their products.

See Also:why do old guys collect so much stuff?
For me, here is why: I spent a lifetime working hard, pinching pennies, not purchasing the "feel good" stuff. Now I can finally spend some of that money. Can't do a lot of that young guy fun stuff so now if I see something I want and have a few cents in the bank, I get it. He who dies with the most toys, wins!

Latest posts

Back