• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Isolation Blues - Not Me

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisleyjohn

Pilgrim
Reaction score
The government advice is for old codgers like my wife and I to isolate ourselves due to the Corvid19 virus. So, taking that advice onboard we repaired to Bisley.

we have a mobile home with power, water and sewerage. We have satellite T.V. Wine, beer, tea (most important) coffee and a ‘fridge and freezer bursting with victuals.

More important than that, I have my guns and spent this afternoon in isolation on Melville Range with my ROA. LOVELY JUBBLY!

No-where is more isolated than Bisley - Isolation?

Bring it on - gun rhymes with fun after all.

Stay safe everyone.

Well at 82 years I have took the government's advice and stopped indoors ,but when food gets low you have to go too the super market to restock , but when you get there the shelves are total bare which is totally unnecessary if that is just hoarding to some I call it greed .
Feltwad

Well at 82 years I have took the government's advice and stopped indoors ,but when food gets low you have to go too the super market to restock , but when you get there the shelves are total bare which is totally unnecessary if that is just hoarding to some I call it greed .
Feltwad
Give the local markets a call.
Many of them are setting up special hours, usually early in the morning, just for seniors and some others that are considered to be "high risk" people.
For instance, the Albertson's chain (along with Safeway) are reserving the hours between 7 AM and 9 AM on Tuesday and Thursday for high risk people. That has a added benefit. Because the store shelves usually get restocked overnight there is a good chance that there will be something on them, first thing in the morning.

Give them a phone call to make sure they are doing this and when the days and hours apply.

I hear the General Dollar in the "village" down the road is having special hours for us special people too.

To be honest, if I’m going to pick it up from some ignoramus who hasn’t the decency to stay at home, it doesn’t matter what time of day I do my shopping. The shelves are filling up again now so we are not going to starve. There is one downside, Bisley ranges have now closed, I’m isolated on a rifle range, I have guns, ammo and the @£&*&£# place is closed!

Some one wiser than me posted on another forum. This is an opportunity to observe and learn. I dont want to underplay what is going on here, but; just image a big disaster. We all heard about New Orleans, but; unless there most of us did not really appreciate the situation. I am sure there will be much worse someday. It is just a matter who will see that.

Give the local markets a call.
Many of them are setting up special hours, usually early in the morning, just for seniors and some others that are considered to be "high risk" people.
For instance, the Albertson's chain (along with Safeway) are reserving the hours between 7 AM and 9 AM on Tuesday and Thursday for high risk people. That has a added benefit. Because the store shelves usually get restocked overnight there is a good chance that there will be something on them, first thing in the morning.

Give them a phone call to make sure they are doing this and when the days and hours apply.

Stop and Shop is 6:00am - 7:30am for the over 60 set. And BJ's is I think 8:00 - 9:00am.

On the upside, the sun is shining, I’m in a short sleeved shirt wearing my favourite Stetson so that my head doesn’t burn.

All I can hear are birds tweeting and the clock ticking inside the van while I chill outside.

A picture of SWIMBO sitting yesterday where I sit now. All I need is for the ranges to open again.......

Attachments

• 0E2DDFE1-7456-4B10-B545-D5AAA64125C3.jpeg
    0E2DDFE1-7456-4B10-B545-D5AAA64125C3.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 234
How's the weather treating the rest of y'all? Winter is most certainly over down here in South Texas,and it's supposed to reach 91 degrees today. Some of the hummingbirds sre back, the garden is almost all planted already, My oak trees have dropped a ton of leaves and I got a few wheelbarrows full of leaves in the garden (good mulch). But not today, (oh my back) I overdid it yesterday. But still no reason to "go to town". Enjoy!

Eutycus
You are correct, maybe winter is over here in North Texas as well. The last 2 days have been gorgeous and in the 80's. Finally getting yard work done and a chance to work on one of my rifles. Hopefully the rain is over for a while.
DL

Down here in Texas we know winter is over when the mesquite trees start turn ing greenish. . What trees or "sign of nature" do other states use?

With 2.5 acres I have plenty of trees and scrub to cut. Now that we have a respite from rain plenty to mow. I've cut enough scrub that I have almost a little over an extra 1/4 acre to tend. Still have more to clear. Once the wind subsidies it will be range time.

Sadly, we were asked to vacate Bisley as the local council ordered the NRA to close the sites.

Now back in Plymouth, I look at the jobs at home neglected while I spent my time around shooting. Reloadind, cleaning, - you all know what I mean.

So, thanks to an invisible enemy I now have my ‘Round Tuit’:confused:

Looks like neglect struck my place too. There's alot of stuff around here that needs doing. Isn't a shame when your "Get Up + Go" Got Up And Went?

Isolation blues are hopefully coming to an end next week. I have spent my time casting and have enough bullets for a while. Next Saturday I have a target booked, friends to join me (no kissing🥴) the fun is about to come back into my life. If you are near Bisley, Short Siberia Range on the morning of the15th. come and say hello. 🥳

Latest posts

Back