• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

ISO CVA Mountain Rifle Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegleg_86

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hey everyone. New member here. I recently acquired a .45 caliber CVA Mountain Rifle that has had a really ugly full l3ngth stock put on it and I am looking for an original style stock to put back on it. Anyone that might have one or can point me in the right direction to find one?

There is 1 right now on ebay that I am bidding on but it is the only one I have seen on there in quite some time.

Geez, gonna be a tough one.
Nobody has cut a new rpl stock for those for 25+yrs.
All you can do really is watch ad's in forums like this, and/or the common venues of misc for sale as mentioned.
You need to hang-out for a few weeks and make a couple more posts before you can post in the classifieds for a "Wanted",,
(that's SOP for most forums today)

Interesting that you have a "full stock",, even with the double wedge, how is the fore-end held in place?
Can you share photo's?

How close would a Traditions Mountain Rifle stock come to fitting your gun?

I have been bidding on the one on ebay. And I have already looked into the traditions mountain rifle stock. They are harder to find just the stock than the CVA. Deer Creek has none and has no source for them. Neither does TOTW. I know I could go with a custom, but I wanted to go back original to the rifle.

Hi Pegleg_86,

I have an old CVA Mountain Rifle stock. It is from some kit and has not been finished. Whoever had the kit had issues with the it and it would need some work. Attached are pictures for your reference. I originally got this to see if I could make a frankengun but that project seems far off. It is for a 15/16" flats barrel and is inletted for the 4 screw patch pox
20221203_171923.jpg
20221203_171948.jpg
20221203_171951.jpg
20221203_172002.jpg
20221203_172042.jpg
. PM me if you are interested and we can make a deal.

Have now acquired a stock for my build. Now there wouldn't happen to be phone out there that would have one of the old style CVA 4 screw patchboxes is there? That's what this stock is inlet to fit.

Years ago when I first got that stock I called Deer Creek and they had one in stock. My funds weren't there so I had to pass until I could buy it. Never happened.

Latest posts

Back