• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is This Possible?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seems unnatural to push the rod down, tamp a few times and then not pull it back out. Leaving it in is like not finishing a sentence. That feeling of incomplete that lingers for quite some time.

Livbucks said:
Just seems unnatural to push the rod down, tamp a few times and then not pull it back out. Leaving it in is like not finishing a sentence.

Years ago you would see guys leave the ramrod in the barrel at the firing line, usually done when the range officer had to shut the range down because of a problem. Re-open the range and then double checked each gun to be sure no-one did the ramrod left in the barrel.

God Bless you if you were one that did, the tongue lashing was unreal ........

The ‘How could you possibly do _____?’ responses always reminds me of when I was growing up and I would bite my tongue or stub my toe and Ol Pop would say, “Whatdya do that for?”. As a little guy I would always answer, with my bleeding tongue poking out, “I don’t know!”, but as I got older I realized he was just being cheeky, so I’d raise an eyebrow at him and pretend it didn’t hurt. Now when he says that I respond, “Well, at least I haven’t nailed myself to the barn with a nail gun while standing on a ladder...”, because the first thing I said when that happened was, “Whatdya do that for?”.....

The ‘How could you possibly do _____?’ responses always reminds me of when I was growing up and I would bite my tongue or stub my toe and Ol Pop would say, “Whatdya do that for?”. As a little guy I would always answer, with my bleeding tongue poking out, “I don’t know!”, but as I got older I realized he was just being cheeky, so I’d raise an eyebrow at him and pretend it didn’t hurt. Now when he says that I respond, “Well, at least I haven’t nailed myself to the barn with a nail gun while standing on a ladder...”, because the first thing I said when that happened was, “Whatdya do that for?”.....

Beautiful, paybacks are usually pretty good ..... :thumb: :ghostly:

Lucky man. I wish I could hear my Dad say anything.

My dad passed 3 years ago I still hear him when I do something dumb, and then there is the granddaughter who can come up with some zingers when she is around, not to mention the wife. My out look is as long as you are remembered you live for ever.

Lucky man. I wish I could hear my Dad say anything.

I do feel lucky in a certain way, not by comparison to those of you whose father has already passed, but because, though we’ve reached the head of the line, our numbers haven’t been called yet. Every day is a blessing. He’s tough as nails, does virtually all the routine farm work around here and is in great health. I’m glad he’s still around while I’m old enough to appreciate him.

It was mentioned in some old writings and towards the end of the movie " Across the wide Missouri " the hero does it . Might have been one of the reasons why trappers would carry several ramrod/wiping sticks when they could get them.

Latest posts

Back