• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Is this OK for a Rendezvous?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just one. ;-) My iron mule took it all. Piled high in the rear but it carried my 'stuff'.

I need one iron mule, one covered wagon and a spare bedroom for unexpected Guest...

DD4DC3DE-DE76-456A-BB43-4DC9EEA28002.jpeg

Looks nice, good work, but as already noted the candle looks too big . Wooden candle lanterns have a habit of burning up! I threw one out of my lodge once when it caught fire in the night! Now I only use metal and glass lanterns in the lodge and use the wooden ones outside.

Smo, you look ready to go. I used to carry the base camp for eight of us all in a ford ranger. Now I am usually by myself and have a full sized truck and a 8x5 trailer.

I’ve always traveled a little on the heavy side... lol

Figured it’s better too have it and not need it, than not have and need it.

Here’s a pic of the light weight camp...

9052-C0-B4-ED26-4-F17-B957-F4-DD53-FF5-D5-F.jpg

Dear Mr Coffins Your observations are right on ,Without the Pre 1840 High plains Campervan or step van getting all the stuff to R vous would be something of a challenge . Pretty hard to document the Hooters & Water Buffalos or ice chests . Cholera was primitive they had that, But could be taking it a bit too far. On one occasion I did the 'Mud Eastern' at Salamanca got a lift to' Fair at New Boston' With fellow Widowmakers. My 'porky' togs in a hessian bag, Walked into camp same attire Ide worn all week no one gave a second glance at the gate to link up with Smoke & Fire . A skilled blacksmith had made a Velocopede wieghed 50 pounds but with the help of a slope & an apple box I mounted it and away I went!! no brakes but it didn't do uphills too well .The iron rim chaffed the chape of my Dirk ..Historians might puzzle as to how it got such marks but I reckon theyde never guess . Probably hard to document a Velocopede at R vous .But didn't some one take a suit of Armour ?. All good fun . Rudyard
The marks on your dirk sheath's chape came from the broken teeth of the boor who made disparaging remarks about their Majesties and was having his oratory abilities rearranged by having a covered blade shoved where it might do some good.

My camp, I could pack it on one mule, sans poles that I could cut on site if I had to. You can pack poles on a mule but it’s a pia.
This is just me as my wife doesn’t come to events.
But..... what’s up with all the pots?
Geez who needs all those blankets? So there’s my trekking kit. Humph! still much more then I need.
We are spoiled today.... and that’s ok we are on vacation
DA1D58D3-B90D-47AB-A6C2-E8344570DB95.jpeg
9C344604-BB03-492F-BC14-D34F3D46A9F0.jpeg

Back