• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Is this any good?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballshooter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
So, I got some #6 shot and made up a few paper shot cups to try in my. 58 cal. Kibler smoothbore. Made the shot cup then put two thin cards at the bottom put shot on top of that and done. Used a 500 S&W empty brass case to measure equal amount of shot and powder. For the loading process I put a 1/8 dry felt wad over the powder then the paper cartridge tore the tail off at the muzzle ramed it home, then put a 1/2 heavy soaked olive oil felt wad on top. I shot the target @ 20 yards it looks good enough for rabbit and grouse to me but, maybe I need to experiment some more.

Attachments

• 20220918_102858.jpg
    20220918_102858.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220918_103034.jpg
    20220918_103034.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
So, I got some #6 shot and made up a few paper shot cups to try in my. 58 cal. Kibler smoothbore. Made the shot cup then put two thin cards at the bottom put shot on top of that and done. Used a 500 S&W empty brass case to measure equal amount of shot and powder. For the loading process I put a 1/8 dry felt wad over the powder then the paper cartridge tore the tail off at the muzzle ramed it home, then put a 1/2 heavy soaked olive oil felt wad on top. I shot the target @ 20 yards it looks good enough for rabbit and grouse to me but, maybe I need to experiment some more.
Nice pattern! I’m building one now. Can I ask where you found 24 gauge cards and wads? Track and October only show 20 and 28.

Back