• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Is this an improved chamber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did send the picture, and the original Pedersoli contact said it was not drilled all the way. He then asked gunsmith how to resolve the issue, and gunsmith said it was OK. So I sent a reply and said look at it again, and if they will not do anything, then they should let me know so I can remove the blockage.
In my opinion they should take care of their machining mistake. I guess the bottom line is that extra metal won't be there in a month. Like I said, probably better I just remove it. I just hope I don't slip and bugger up the threads. In my mind it is an easy and obvious fix. So the ball is in their court. Not a big deal for me.

Pedersoli got back to me. They said to send it to Lee Shaver, and if he says it is defective, they will pick up the expense.
I imagine I'm responsible for shipping, and really Ill have to think about it. After Christmas Ill contact Lee and see what he thinks before I ship it. The whole issue is silly at this point.
The rifle is new, and it seemed to be a tad slow like a Thompson Center compared to a custom Flintlock. That was my impression before seeing the obstruction. I also had a couple flash no bangs, but that could be cleaning between shots, but now I doubt that. So I have high hopes for quicker ignition, and 100% reliability after that metal is eliminated. Lock is a fire thrower due to Emig tuning and a new cock for spark placement. He said it simply had the wrong geometry.
So Flintlock season starts on Monday here, and this issue will be tabled until I can connect with Lee Shaver.

Back