• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is this a CVA or ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one identical to this, in much worse condition. Simply marked Japan on the barrel. Someone had done some bubba work on the stock and it was fugly. Sparked like hell though .

This flintlock arrived by mail today. The seller said there were no maker's marks on it. From the one pic he had posted I thought maybe a Miroku made for Ultra- Hi. However, I think I notice an I and an N near the breech plug so I'm thinking Spain so likely CVA. Yet the barrel shows no sign of any altering to get rid of stampings. It has no patch box. It's 45 caliber with 33 inch barrel. The lock works well and it sparks well even as set up. I looked online and I came across another one with no patch box and 33 inch 45 caliber barrel. It also stated no identification markings on it.
I'll go with Jukar from Spain. Better rifle then their reputation. Usually, the frizzen needs better hardening and after a while the neck on the cock will break. (Pot Metal) However, there are literally thousands of them out there for sale cheap. If you took the barrel off, which I don't recommend, it will be stamped underneath. Semper Fi.

It looks a lot like my CVA .45 calibre. Same beech wood stock, same brass insert between the two pieces of the stock. Only, I chose to use the brass as a spacer between the two halves of the stock instead of wrapping the brass around the wood. Same side plate, butt plate. Nose cap has two screws that attach to the barrel, no markings on the barrel. Spain marked inside lock. The rifle was a kit, and it came with the box from CVA.

Attachments

• IMG_1333[47] CVA.jpg
    IMG_1333[47] CVA.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
As ord sgt said it looks like a mid 1970s CVA kit gun. I built one that was CVA about 1974 from a CVA kit. It has been gone for many years. Mine also had the sheet brass to cover the two piece stock.

OH MY GOD, throw it in the garbage....according to some any gun made in Spain is worthless! Tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Nice looking gun and enjoy shooting it!
IF it should end up in the garbage, PLEASE leave GPS direction so I can pick it up and NO ONE could possibly get hurt shooting that Spanish junk. ;) :D

Oh it's not going to end up in the garbage yet, lol! Actually whoever built it from a kit did a very fine job and took their time for a low end gun.

Latest posts

Back