• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Is there a list of Muzzleloader dealers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pork Chop

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I travel the southeast with business, and it occurred to me that I have not seen any list of muzzleloader retailers. Searching on the search engines gives all sorts of random results. Ideas?

As far as I know, no there is no definitive list.

If you go to Pedersoli, it will give you who their major distributors are.

If you go to Uberti and do a search in the number of miles, it will give you a list. Problem is that some of then are not stocking dealers, i.e. internet order. Another problem with Uberti is they will show a dealer, but that dealer is stocking modern Uberit pistols.

The good old yellow pages might be a source for a particular city or town. CVA, Traditions, etc. usually list dealers on their websites.

"The good old yellow pages might be a source for a particular city or town. CVA, Traditions, etc. usually list dealers on their websites."

You are showing your age.

These days where do you find a yellow pages phone book. Libraries may have them. I tend to google gun shops and pawn shops if I’m in a new area. Muzzleloaders or a variation will sometimes pop up a place.

They still throw phone books in my drive way, even have yellow pages.

Never seen one as you ask for but recently ran across Old south firearms in Alabama. Never dealt with them. Used to do business T least twice monthly in B'ham which is close to them but retired before finding their website.
Dave

I travel the southeast with business, and it occurred to me that I have not seen any list of muzzleloader retailers. Searching on the search engines gives all sorts of random results. Ideas?

You see the same thing in the archery market. You have to go to the manufacturer's web site to find their distributors.

I'd probably just google dealers in black powder replica guns, or something. So much is done on line anymore, and brick-and-mortar stores are so expensive, it's tough for retailers! Good luck!

Thanks for posting about Old South. I drive right by there on my way to Tennessee a few times a year. It will be worth checking out. Just up the road from them is a newly discovered sawmill I also will check out.

Never seen one as you ask for but recently ran across Old south firearms in Alabama. Never dealt with them. Used to do business T least twice monthly in B'ham which is close to them but retired before finding their website.
Dave

OLD south is a very good place to buy. The BP are a little bit cheaper than Dixie. I use them for BP things other than revolvers. The problem is they have fewer selection of BP revolvers than Dixie, Midway. But, nowadays everyone is hurting.

Pork...........The Log Cabin Shop in N.E. Ohio has a very good catalog for $5 w/just about everything M/L in it. They have been there for 50 yrs. , and are nice folks to work w/as well.... oldwood
Thanks, I am aware of the Log Cabin Shop, I just like wandering around gun stores and want to find muzzleloader shops. A tough find.

If you could give a more defined places you will be going to, you might get more information on where some places are. I don't see you finding any kind of list.
My territory is southern South Carolina, all of Georgia and central and northern Florida and occasionally into eastern Alabama.

Back