• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Is the Lyman's Great Plains Rifle a Tack Driver ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You owe me ten minutes of my life back,, 😴,,🤢,😩,
why did I watch that? Why is it here on the forum?
You are watching one of the worse shooters in America.
I'm saddened you didn't enjoy it for the entertainment value.
I love this hobby soooo much, I would definitely watch your 10 minute video regardless of its content as long as it is muzzleloading related.
Thanks for watching anyway. Have a blessed day.

Last edited:
I love this hobby soooo much, I would definitely watch your 10 minute video regardless of its content as long as it is muzzleloading related.
Thanks for watching anyway. Have a blessed day.

Watching your videos I can tell how much fun you have shooting even when the struggle is real. Seeing someone genuinely enjoy something when things are not always going their way is not something that happens a lot.

You're on!!
I will try that & and...I will get BIGGER tacks!! LOL

download (14).jpg

Watching your videos I can tell how much fun you have shooting even when the struggle is real. Seeing someone genuinely enjoy something when things are not always going their way is not something that happens a lot.
Thank you....I show it how it is....just imagine what a video would be like if I only edited in the hits.
That can be easily done...however...
That would be VERY boring....

I joined the forum 10yrs ago so I could improve my shooting skills with traditional arms, and some of the other historic skills that might be acquired.

Since 2009, I have been schooled here, on this forum, by many assorted members. Each of them sharing their learning experiences freely, with honest hope too improve others skills in what I presumed to be a shared quest.

Is absolutely failing to demonstrate the accuracy of a rifle in a public video,, supposed to be entertaining?
Wow, cool. Have fun friend.

I joined the forum 10yrs ago so I could improve my shooting skills with traditional arms, and some of the other historic skills that might be acquired.

Since 2009, I have been schooled here, on this forum, by many assorted members. Each of them sharing their learning experiences freely, with honest hope too improve others skills in what I presumed to be a shared quest.

Is absolutely failing to demonstrate the accuracy of a rifle in a public video,, supposed to be entertaining?
To some folks, I guess it is not entertaining, to others it is.
I could edit in only the best shots and delete all the others.
However, achieving 100% accuracy isn't the real world for me.
Thanks for watching anyway my friend......
God Bless...

Well for sheer fun and exuberance, Mark's videos are worth watching. However, maybe a full bench rest testing of the GPR will show how accurate the GPR really is. (Just some food for thought, Mark.)

Not that the Black Powder Maniac Shooter needs an apologist, but I think people are missing the point of the original post and the video. The following message is my opinion only.

Mark loves to shoot his black powder guns any time he can. He also likes to share his interest with others, and has videos of people who have never shot black powder previously, shooting with him, and who end up greatly enjoying it.

This video was in response to a “fan” request for him to duplicate a previous video, but with his GPR. Never one to shy away from a challenge, Mark took the hyperbole statement that is often seen in guns for sale ads, “This gun is a tack-driver” and tried to suit actions to words and see if his GPR is a “tack-driver.” If you have never seen a BPMS video before, understand that Mark is funny and unabashedly excited when he gets a “hit.” (Maybe you should have been clued-in by the name: Black Powder MANIAC Shooter). This is not IdahoLewis carefully and methodically taking aim at a target on the other side of the state, AND HITTING IT! (full disclosure - I am a fan of Idaholewis’s videos and posts and greatly respect his knowledge and skill). Mark does things that many others don’t dare, and he does them with honesty and humor. If he chokes, he “chokes.” If he hits the target, he gets excited. Good, wholesome entertainment, but if it is not your “thing,” don’t watch, but also please don’t disparage him. That is not a very brotherly thing to do to a fellow black powder enthusiast, and Mark is definitely that.

I am not a black powder expert, and honestly, haven’t been able to get out and shoot any of my rifles in many months, but I still handle them (and buy more accessories) and read posts on this and two sister black powder forums, on a daily basis. I check YouTube most nights to see if there is a new BPMS video, or something from duelist1954, or the NMLRA channel, or to see if Bob McBride has done anything new on BlackPowderTV (we miss your videos, Bob, and I hope you are doing well), or a new and astounding video from Idaho Lewis, or search for something about any of the rifles I own, etc. (additional full disclosure - I am also a fan of all the aforementioned black powder aficionados). One thing I can say about all of these gentlemen is that I have learned valuable information, tips and tricks from every one of them. I also learn new things all of the time from knowledgeable folks here on the forum. Mark may seem “silly” to some of you, but he actually shares interesting and often helpful info. He has inspired me to try a few things (as have the others). I have nothing but respect and admiration for someone who travels about and gives of his time to spread the love of Black Powder shooting to the world.

Even if he is a “maniac” :)

Thank you for your time, and apologies for the long address.

‘Poet

Last edited:

Yup gotta be one miserable sucker. ☹️

Latest posts

Back