Is it allowed

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

trader47

32 Cal
Reaction score
New here and don't want to cross any lines when posting. I have read through the buy, sell & trade and see nobody offering to trade anything other than black powder. I'm looking to trade for a squirrel gun and have several collectible guns to trade. QUESTION, is it permitted to talk about and offer to trade other than front stuffers?

SmokepoleSam

40 Cal
Reaction score
This is a traditional muzzleloading site and as such we don't talk about and don't sell non muzzleloaders. Please read all the rules, there are 46 of them and they are listed in this section just above this post entitled "forum rules" by Zonie. Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of other sites to discuss and sell modern guns.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
Reaction score
New here and don't want to cross any lines when posting. I have read through the buy, sell & trade and see nobody offering to trade anything other than black powder. I'm looking to trade for a squirrel gun and have several collectible guns to trade. QUESTION, is it permitted to talk about and offer to trade other than front stuffers?

FIRST..., thanks for asking. 👍

Yes as @Brokennock wrote, you may post a TRADE ad for the front stuffer that you'd like to obtain, and mention you have "modern stuff", to trade without going into details. The members can then PM [private message] you and you then may discuss in detail the modern stuff you might part with. If a deal is struck then you and the other trader can use the PM function to arrange for the transfer via FFL dealer, when needed.

LD

trader47

32 Cal
Reaction score
Thank you for answering the question
FIRST..., thanks for asking. 👍

Yes as @Brokennock wrote, you may post a TRADE ad for the front stuffer that you'd like to obtain, and mention you have "modern stuff", to trade without going into details. The members can then PM [private message] you and you then may discuss in detail the modern stuff you might part with. If a deal is struck then you and the other trader can use the PM function to arrange for the transfer via FFL dealer, when needed.

LD
NO, thank you for reading my post and understanding my question. The first responses seemed to be hung up about sales and wanting to get rid of something. I do not have anything I want to get rid of & I did not ask about selling anything. I did read the rules & understand the goals of the forum. Your clarification is a great help. As I understand, I can say I have other stuff to trade just don't say what on open forum. YES?

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
Reaction score
As I understand, I can say I have other stuff to trade just don't say what on open forum. YES?
Only necessary when you're trading something that is verboten for discussion..., If you have something traditional muzzleloading related, such as a repro tent, etc then you can offer that.

LD

trader47

32 Cal
Reaction score
Only necessary when you're trading something that is verboten for discussion..., If you have something traditional muzzleloading related, such as a repro tent, etc then you can offer that.

LD
Pretty sure I got it, my 1878 S&W NO my 1863 Colt YES. They are both black powder but the S&W isn't old enough & is a cartridge gun.