• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is a smoothbore for me?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a new method for cleaning your new smoothie when you get it, without taking the barrel out or hooking tubes up to buckets of water...it's called "RAT's WATERLESS" and you just get a good black powder solvent like Hoppe's #9+ and clean it with that, then go to regular Hoppe's and then some Kroil, wipe dry and oil it. Somewhere in there run a bore brush down the bore three or four times. Use wet but not sopping wet patches and there will be no mess.

:blah:

No buckets of hot soapy water running all over a nice firearm and WATER seeping into the breech plug threads, under the stock etc. !!!

:blah:

Well how could I refuse that opportunity? However you clean it you'll find that a smoothie cleans up easier than a rifled bore.

:m2c:

Rat

The NEW-NEW WAY to clean- just use wet tow, follow with dry tow, finish with oily patch...

Yep I know #9+ is water-based...

:curse:

But...when I use it, I'm using damp to wet patches, and not sloshing huge amounts of water around inside my barrel. Not really giving it time to soak into the breech plug threads.

Also not spilling water/having water slop into/over the stock, etc.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it anyhow.

:eek:

Rat

Back