• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Iron Mounted Flintlock Rifle By Randall Buchanan

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This rifle is a beauty! It is in .40 caliber with L&R lock, I think the barrel is Douglas. The LOP is 14", barrel is 39" straight and all the iron furniture is hand forged.
The bore is a mirror, and patch box door is top button operated. 1700.00 plus ship

IMG_9919.JPG

IMG_9920.JPG

IMG_9921.JPG

IMG_9922.JPG

IMG_9923.JPG

IMG_9924.JPG

IMG_9926.JPG

IMG_9928.JPG

IMG_9929.JPG

Last edited:
I wish you would quit messing around with those beautiful long barrel right handed .40 guns and find me a beautiful short barreled (36") left handed gun! Enough already!!! 😆

RM

Lefties are rare as hens teeth, and I have only had the one I sold recently. I will keep a sharp eye, and be on the lookout. I am left handed, but shoot right.

I was thinking maybe I priced this rifle high, but when you think about it, the parts alone are over a grand. The amount of time to make a rifle like this, stock and iron is immense

Lefties are rare as hens teeth, and I have only had the one I sold recently. I will keep a sharp eye, and be on the lookout. I am left handed, but shoot right.

I was thinking maybe I priced this rifle high, but when you think about it, the parts alone are over a grand. The amount of time to make a rifle like this, stock and iron is immense
Nah Boss,

That is a fair price. Try having one like that built for that kind of money ... ain't happening.

RM

This rifle is a beauty! It is in .40 caliber with L&R lock, I think the barrel is Douglas. The LOP is 14", barrel is 39" straight and all the iron furniture is hand forged.
The bore is a mirror, and patch box door is top button operated. 1700.00 plus ship

View attachment 151920
View attachment 151921
View attachment 151924
View attachment 151925
View attachment 151926
View attachment 151927
View attachment 151928
View attachment 151929
View attachment 151930
not too bad looking rifle i guess (be still my beatin' heart)

I don't think that rifle is overpriced at all. Brother @Rod Man is right... A rifle with a Douglas barrel, wood with that figure, and a patchbox, for $1,700 ? It's a bargain if I ever saw one. I don't think you could get your hands on a custom rifle like that for under $2,400, and you'd probably have to wait a year or more to get it.

I've come back to look at this rifle several times. It's a beauty. I just don't think I can swing it right now. Also, a 14" LOP is just a little too long to be comfortable for me.

Good luck with your sale, Mule.

Notchy Bob

I pulled the barrel, and found no makers marks anywhere. The barrel appears to have round bottom rifling, and the under lugs are staples.
So I am not sure who made the barrel, and the balance point is just under the entry thimble

Could you please show a pic of the opening mechanism on the patch box?

Thank you, I will be in touch with you soon. I need to liquidate a few items to free up some assets.

I like that trigger guard. It looks nice and thin. What's the thickness of the metal used for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back