• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Iron cross stamped in T/C barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just one of many inspectors marks TC used over the years. Used in the earlier years but does not mean the barrel was made by Sharon.

I wonder what they inspected them for? "Yep, looks like a rifle barrel. It's good to go."

Oh I don't know, QC maybe? Since not all barrels have a mark it maybe designated the every 10th/100dth/1000dth/whatever number barrel that they pulled for inspection?

I am not quite sure it’s just an inspectors mark. The stamp appears to have been stamped before blueing. No way they would inspect it for shipping and final assembly before blueing.
I know someone who worked there back in the 80’s, the manager of the repair dept,I will try and contact them and get his thoughts. He moved to rural Northern Maine, so it won’t be easy.

Back