• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Investarms Hawken 50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I also got this one the other day. Along with a JB 20 gauge. 3AA6C63D-F55F-44BA-BB48-A46911EBADEF.jpeg0B3F055D-2FB7-4620-BB72-F5C6E520212F.jpeg1B122E92-7BCD-40D7-A045-37541D9BF7CB.jpeg83162E77-DF55-4105-B53E-A9577F5F464A.jpeg

Was going to shoot it and decided i should run a patch in it and now I'm into a bit of a cleaning job. I thought this guy was really good but now I'm not sure. Oh well this is something I can take care of. Gave him $300 Canadian (240 US) for it. Now I'm wondering if that was too much.

Last edited:
Was going to shoot it and decided i should run a patch in it and now I'm into a bit of a cleaning job. I thought this guy was really good but now I'm not sure. Oh well this is something I can take care of. Gave him $300 Canadian (240 US) for it. Now I'm wondering if that was too much.
It is too much of you end up not liking it but, if it turns out to be a great rifle you love to carry and shoot, then the cost won't matter a week from now. The price of hammer guns online are going up quite a bit these days. If you end up not liking it just hang onto it until about October and you might make a profit on it.

I feel your pain on the cleaning. About a month ago I bought an "unfired" .36 squirrel rifle on gunbroker. Like you, I also decided to run a patch down the barrel before shooting it. Took about an hour to clean all the thick black fouling and residue out of there...

Investarm makes a great shooting rifle. I have three of them. The coil spring locks seem to be a “love it or hate it” proposition. I love mine. All of mine are excellent shooters and are heavy enough to tame recoil and shoot smoothly, but not so much that a day in the field wears me out. That price isn’t bad at all. I’ve bought all of mine within the past two years for under $400 (USD).

Back